1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone changed their name legally(UK)?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GayJay, Dec 17, 2013.

1. GayJay

I'm moving away from my family so I can get myself on track.
    I'm ready to move forward with everything in transition, I just don't really know what to do. Its all so confusing.

I'm gonna try change my name as quick as I can so that it doesn't create any confusion with the landlord and then try get to a gender clinic.

But as of now I'm stuck on the name thing. Has anyone actually done it? How? What do you do about your passport ect..?

Any advice is appreciated:slight_smile:

2. Jessica79

Hi there you can legally change by deed poll but if you want to change your name at the doctors / bank / any other place you can if you wanted your name on your bank changed you can the bank aren't allowed to question it if they have sense they will realise :slight_smile: so you can really change your name anywhere without deed poll if you inform the affiliated people :slight_smile:

Deed poll name change costs around £50 I think :slight_smile:

#2 Jessica79, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not even that much, it was £30 last time I checked...just make sure when you do it you're not getting your ID checked for anything or applying for stuff. Nothing quite as suspicious as someone doing a criminal records check and finding that your name is in the process of being changed :slight_smile: