1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Chick ... Mostly (?)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by spockbach, Dec 18, 2013.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey there! I was wondering if any of you have ever had these urges to dress, act, and present yourself as the opposite gender, but at the same time feel like your biological gender. Like, I've always felt like I wanted to dress like a guy and I have a really low voice, but I would never want to have guys' genitalia or other sex characteristics. I sometimes like wearing my hair long and sometimes like to wear it short. I really feel, mostly, like both a guy and a girl on the inside, but would never want to actually change my gender. What is this? I know there's a thing called being bigender, but I always identify as female. I've had some trouble exploring it since my mom is a little strange about such matters. Thoughts?

2. Caillin

Genderqueer,genderfluid you could be those also you dont gender you can change sex but gender you are stuck with.

3. WhisperinShadow

You kinda remind me of myself..I also thought or kinda had the urge about dressing as the opposite gender but I think, I would maybe feel kinda uncomfortable in guy clothes..
    I also have long hair and don't think I would be able to give it up but also think about having short hair and also about being a bit more muscular..

I also thought about maybe being genderqueer, bigender, genderfluid etc. but it didn't really feel right..and I think I'll identify as female, even if I have these thoughts and thought/think that I maybe have characteristics of both genders inside of me..

I try to match my mind by wearing clothes which are not that typical feminine (even if they are made for women), even if I look more feminine. (I don't own High Heels or dresses/skirts) I may think of myself kinda different than others (who see me as really feminine maybe (because of my looks maybe)) but who cares as long as you like yourself the way you kinda feel.

And I don't really act totally feminine (but I have my feminine moments of course ^^), but more kinda laid-back etc. and I really like it. Maybe I'm finally finding myself. :slight_smile: I'm also (much) more open than some/many years ago and I don't really want to be again like I was back then.

Good to know that there are others who are kinda like me.

4. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you, you guys! So very glad to know I'm not alone in my gender inclinations. :grin:

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand your feelings of being mostly one gender over another, but in my case, I'm mostly the opposite gender.

You could always just say you're mostly female. Or a little bit genderqueer. Or even that you like to play with gender expression, a gender experimentalist if you will. If you feel female all the time, even with your urges to present and act male, I'd steer clear of identities like bigender or genderfluid, which suggest more of a split or divide than you've suggested experiencing. I'm no expert though. :slight_smile:

6. Hexagon

I'm mostly a guy. I get how you feel.

7. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always identify as female; I just wondered whether others might have these feelings of not being wholly male or entirely female.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh - well, yes! I'm sure several of us on here have. :slight_smile:

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Androgyne my friend. I love dressing as a girl but listen to hip hop and watch violent movies like the bros.

I guess I wish I was visually female but "internally" male.

10. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's soooo confusing, isn't it??

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first. Just wish I was more accepted in person. I'm slowly showing that side to others.

12. micpaints

Little late to the party here, but the word "demigirl" might interest you.

13. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never heard that term before, so I looked it up. That's not bad.

It's not that I crave a label for my gender confusion, but the feelings are there. I know I'm not trans. I know I'm not bigender. I know I'm not a butch lesbian - but I am a lesbian. I have three brothers. I don't have a dad. I should have to imagine that these factors all come into play.