1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being transgendered and my future?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Brianna90, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Brianna90

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello all, first thread on here.....

Anyways. I have finally found out that I am indeed gender fluid. While it feels great to know that I am not just a cross dresser, I now begin to worry immensely. I am seriously considering transitioning, but what will this mean for my future? Will I be able to get into a legitimate career? Will I ever be able to be in a relationship? I've been extremely lonely for my entire teenange-early twenties life (I have never been in a relationship and it kills me inside). And I am still attracted to women, which makes it worse. Honestly, I just want to be happy. Growing old by myself with no job is not fun to think about, and just makes me want to stay a guy and battle with this for the rest of my life. :icon_sad:

-Brianna

*EDITED TO PREVENT OFFENSE*

#1 Brianna90, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. Nick07

"some cross-dressing pervert"? Are you serious? Are you aware that some straight people may see you that way too, just because you are transgender?

Please try to not hurt or offend anyone while at EC

3. Brianna90

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am really sorry, no harm was meant with that. I was just expressing the way that I felt prior to being diagnosed/finding out for sure.

4. TheMightyBoosh

Hi there.

If you want to transition don't fight back those feelings, if you want to do it and it makes you happy that is what matters. YES of course you can get a legit career :slight_smile: and Will you ever be able to be in a relationship? Sure! There is always someone for someone, you just don't know it yet. Not experiencing a relationship at your age is completely fine...trust me. I try stray from relationships as much as possible...I think it'll be more special for me when I do meet that someone but that's just me. There's someone for you, who will love and accept you for the great person that you are. Chin up lovely.

You'll find someone.. you shouldn't have to battle with this if it's making you unhappy, ignoring it wont make it go away, it wont. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone. You know who you are and what you feel. Just remember even though you feel alone, your not. There are people who understand and feel the same way.

I hope things work out, I really do.

5. Nick07

I know it was hard for me to understand many things before I joined the LGBT community. I usually closed my eyes thinking something was "weird" (cross dressing or flamboyant Pride parades for example) and I didn't have any desire to try to understand.

I can appreciate and like the diversity of people now. It's freeing.

Welcome to EC

6. Brianna90

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks TheMightyBoosh for the post. It really means a lot to know that I am not alone with this. It's just so much to handle at the moment. What makes it even worse it that it's always a "teeter totter" effect in my mind. One minute I will feel extremely masculine and not want to do anything different, and the next moment, I will feel extremely feminine and want to be a woman. The fact that these "feminine" modes are coming more and more often might be indicating something.....Or maybe not? Ughhhhhhhh

7. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there, I have similar worries, particularly about careers and things.

I hope that we can find the peace we desire xoxoxo