1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bottom Surgery Before or Concurrent with Hormones--Is this a thing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sometimebefore, Dec 23, 2013.

1. sometimebefore

Hi guys/gals/whatever!

Over the past few weeks, I have been going over what, really, is causing me disphoria, so that when I get around to telling my family, and finding a professional to send me on my merry way, I'll be able to confidently provide good information.

And I have come to a realisation. I hate (and I mean HATE) having a dick. It gets in the way, chafes, becomes noticeable at awkward situations, etc. Since I have gotten a hold of breast-forms (which I love, by the way. Any MTF's should get themselves a set, they help tremendously with giving yourself a convincing appearance, but I digress) I feel like hormones are less urgent for me, but even with a gaff, I still can look in the mirror and want to cut off my testicles (and penis as well, don't forget that).

So I was wondering if anyone knows if gender clinics ever perform bottom surgery before hormones have really had their complete effect.

Thanks,
    Clara