1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...Shit.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Young Gun, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Young Gun

Young Gun Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok. Today, when I was walking home from school, I was reading EC trans* stories on my Phone.
    When out of no-where, one of the schools biggest assholes, grabs my phone, reads the Story, and chastised me for the entire walk home.
    "Stop being a dick!"
    "What are you going to do, Shemale?!"
    When I got home, I cryed so much.
    I don't know what to do.
    He could tell all his friends.
    This could spread.
    I'm scared...

2. Nick07

You need to show them that you don't care. If you think that they can remember the website, you may want to have this thread deleted, otherwise they will know your nickname.

---------- Post added 23rd Dec 2013 at 12:29 PM ----------

You can always pretend to be transphobic... you know... reading the stories for a good laugh. This is not nice advice, and I don't like recomending it but if you are afraid of violence, every defense is good.

3. Young Gun

Young Gun Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a bit of a pacifist, so I might have to just pretend to be transphobic.

4. Nick07

sigh, ok. Try to make fun of the incident. "Have you ever read something like that? That's better than .... channel"

I can't believe I am doing this, but I understand your fear.

5. sometimebefore

I wouldn't bring it up on my own if I were you, but you can always suggest that you were just being supportive to trans* people. That way you can seem cis* but still not have to pretend that you're transphobic.

6. Young Gun

Young Gun Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks.
    This is messed...

7. Caillin

Yeah just say that your supporting transgender folk. I dont feel like you should act transphobic to be honest I find it disrespectful. My family jokes well sorta jokes that im a lesbian but I would never think of acting homophobic to get them to stop. Though it is different circumstances but still.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I support all people's rights, what about you"?

That throws people off guard.

Also if that catches wind around school, maybe you will find some people who we're looking for the same thing but never could come out to others. A blessing in disguise maybe?

9. Nick07

I doubt "one of the biggest schools assholess" cares about supporting anyone and if you support someone who he considers evil, you deserve beating too.
    I wish it was different. It's up to the OP to decide how bad the situation looks.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You talking to me? I'm suggesting when life hands you lemons make lemonade. Asking people if they support others puts the ball in their court. Makes them think before they act. Makes them assess their bigotry.

11. Nick07

I don't want to start any fight. I am also not sure how old the OP is. But considering the a* is from "the school" they can both be young teenagers. I am afraid that I am not very optimistic. I want the OP to be safe, that's all.

12. Caillin

I dont think pretending to be tranphobic is at all respectful though nick.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm sorry if you thought I was supporting that jerk. No I am not. But sometimes making other people confront their own faults, like I suggested to have her tell the jerk for instance can change people's views. I sometimes provide alternative viewpoints not popular with everyone I guess. Digital mediums don't always convey tone or sentiment very easily.

I wouldn't be on here if I didn't care for everyone, and I wish her the best too.

* the more I read this the less I feel like you were talking to me

14. Nick07

I believe we want the same thing. I admit that I don't play nicely here, but I don't mean any harm to the trans community. I just want to take the weapon from the *'s hands.

15. sometimebefore

Nick07, I see where you are coming from, but I think that, focusing on the problem at hand, it really doesn't make sense for us to encourage a specific course of action at this time.

The two methods that we are providing are as follows:

1. Nick07's method: If this jerk decides to confront the OP, then she pretends to be trans-phobic, or at least reading EC just to get a kick out of it. Upside: should completely stop the douchebaggery if the jerk believes OP. Downside: OP would be lying through her teeth. The Jerk might also decide that this was a desperate attempt to convince him that OP is not a transwoman and treat her just as poorly.

2. My method: OP instead chooses to say that she's just an ally, supporting the trans* community. Upside: This isn't completely Untrue. The OP is still in the closet, and hopefully the Jerk will be reasonable enough to consider that enough of a lesser sin to leave off for now. Cons: Jerk will likely continue to be a jerk, though hopefully less of one, and in ways that don't strike so deep into OP.

Now, It's up to the OP to decide which method fits her situation better. If she thinks of anything that could help us assist her in choosing the best bet, I know I would be happy to assist, and I bet the rest of you would too.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All we can do is give advice and opinions. All she can do is take them and use as she sees fit.

17. Nick07

There is also possibility that the jerk will think that a support is as bad as being trans, and anyone who gives support is most likely trans themselves.

If the jerk is really evil, he reads this thread now anyway.

I have seen people doing evil things for fun, I am sorry for my approach. It's up to the OP.

OP, do what feels right for you. Maybe you will come to school tomorrow and he will not even remember what happened.