1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Estival, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mostly just want to get my feelings out there, but if anyone has any advice or whatnot, that would be fantastic.

Anyway. I am biologically female. I'm uncomfortable with my body because I find myself unattractive and unhealthy, and sometimes I hate having breasts (sometimes I don't like or dislike them, though I almost always wish I had a flat chest). I also wish I had a penis, though if it's because of the many drawbacks of vaginas, Freudian penis envy, or actual gender issues, I don't know. I don't feel much when people casually call me 'she' - I don't like or dislike it. But I feel agitated when people call me 'girl'. I feel like I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with male pronouns, but I've never had anyone call me by them. I just feel uncomfortable in general, I guess. Before, when I was younger, I fit into the 'girl' category, and I was okay there (though I liked stereotypically boyish things too), but now I don't know where I stand. It's not like how I feel with sexuality, where I'll do whatever as I like people or end up not liking them. I'm trying to figure out if I could/would ever transition in the future, if I'd feel better afterwards, and I want to be sure where I stand before I decide to do something so expensive and stigmatized. So, if there's any method of determining gender, information about who gets transitions and why, etc. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender is what you make of it. I don't necessarily want to change my sex but I want to be seen visually as a female and have the chance to talk about pretty things.

Gender is something society came up with but no one has to conform with. There is such things as gender dysphoria. Some of us don't want to change sees but don't like our gender.

Be who you want to be.

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I agree with this. I also would say you need to explore this feeling of hating your own body and wanting a male body instead. Do you feel like you are in the wrong body or do you just not like the way your body looks as a woman?

4. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like that a lot. "Be who you want to be".

Well...I want a masculine shape - flat chest, no curves, square jaw. At the very least, I think I want to look like I have a male body...so I don't think it's how I look as a woman as much as that I don't want to look like a woman. Does that make sense?

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to have a delicate face with no deep wrinkles and long hair and a healthy body, b cup breasts. You make perfect sense to me.