1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria and Grades?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by An Gentleman, Dec 25, 2013.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before I realized I was trans, I was a straight-A student.
    I can't believe I just realized this.:eusa_doh: 7th grade is when I began to realize things, and it's also when my life began to go downhill. I don't want to continue this path.
    Now, I have 2 Bs and a B+... It doesn't seem that bad, right? It is. It is that bad.
    People keep talking about dysphoria, but... besides having the brain of the opposite sex, is there a set of symptoms or something?
    I already know my gender identity. (In fact, so does everyone who reads the profile to the left of this post.) I barely have motivation to work at all. What's wrong with me? I can't keep blaming everything else for my problems... Man, this is confusing shit. :confused:

Also, I have another thread in the holiday subforum called "Studying during winter break" that study tips would fit better in.

#1 An Gentleman, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's that more of your mental resources were being devoted to existential questions than studying. I had the same issues in grad school.

3. Mogget

Quite honestly, a shift from getting all A's to getting a few B's could just as easily be a sign that your coursework is becoming harder as it could be of mental health issues. I don't think it's something to get too worked up over.

4. suninthesky

I've had the same problem lately, trying to study. When we think so much about stuff other than school, it's hard to focus on school. What helps me is setting long term goals.

For me, even though I can't medically transition now, since I'm a college athlete, I have a goal of transitioning in grad school. In order to do that I need good grades and to work hard to get into a good grad school.

When I think about/dwell on anything trans-related, I immediately make myself think of my goals, and what I need to do in order to get there. It makes me have a better focus.

For me dysphoria involves feeling really uncomfortable with my physical body. Like you, I know my gender identity. This doesn't stop me from feeling uncomfortable and constantly looking at pictures of guys already through T and top surgery.

Find something, anything, that helps you focus and use it.

5. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

My answer to your dilemma: You are who you choose to be. So be someone who studies harder and gets those grades up. Worry about everything else later. :icon_bigg

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly...

There are other problems out there. We all face them. Turn your worry into something constructive.