1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by optionthree, Dec 27, 2013.

1. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am confused about my gender at the moment. I am biologically a girl, and I view myself as a girl, but recently I have been doubting my so-called 'female' gender. I sort of feel like I don't fit to a gender particularly. I like to wear masculine clothes a lot of the time, but I also wear feminine clothes, and I am comfortable being referred to as he or she; It's making me really confused. I feel like I shouldn't specifically be a girl, but I don't want to change my sex and I don't want a penis. I have no one to talk to about this, as my bff, whom I talk to about everything, said she might have a problem if I wasn't 'female'. Any advice would be much appreciated, or any tips on what to do. :help:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well what exactly led you to question you might be something other than female?

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm biologically male, but I do the male thing and female thing. Would I have a sex change in a perfect world? I dunno. Go with what makes you you.

Me? I like violent video games and action movies and perhaps stuff may call vulgar and women degrading rap music... I like females.
    But then I like looking pretty, clothes, shoes, and being in touch with my emotions. I like males who look like females.

That's just me.

Who cares what my biological sex is? I don't. Go with whatever GENDER works for you.

4. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not really sure, but I have been questioning for a while, particularly after one person asked me whether I wanted to be a man, to which I answered no, even though I was not so sure. It kind of made me confront this thing that has been in the back of my mind ever since I started to question my sexuality.

5. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Well, you are biologically female, but beyond that you can choose to be whatever you want. I mean, if you are fine being called both he and she then that is okay. What is there to be confused about? If you dress masculine one day out of the week and wanted to be seen as a he on that day, well, go for it. If not, that's cool too.

I'm in a similar situation. I don't mind being seen as a she, and sometimes I prefer it. I also don't necessarily feel like I need to transition or need a vagina. But I do strive to be more girly. So yeah, just do what feels right for you. Try to find friends who are cool with you the way you are and not how they want you to be or how society thinks you should be.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just realized how many people there are out there like us... Most don't even have the reflective nature to think about themselves in an entirely binary way.

Listen to what everyone says... There must be truth to it if so many say it.

7. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. It's nice to feel like there are so many of us and that I'm not on my own.(*hug*)

8. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

There are a lot of people here in the same boat as you. So, just keep coming back whenever you have questions. I've answered a lot of questions I've had since I've been here, and I have plenty more. (&&&)

9. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, I feel like the people here really support me.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear we are like sisters the way we think. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2013 at 08:01 PM ----------

We support everybody.

I won't cheapen the simplicity and sincerity of that comment with an emoticon.

11. chrisables

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @ Optionthree

I get where you're coming from. I'm biologically male and have always desired to be more "manly" in appearance and personality but recently I've been questioning my gender and its really stressing me out. I've never desired to be feminine but I'm recognizing and coming face to face with the fact that I'm feminine at times or rather, that there are feminine aspects to myself. Subsequently, I have begun to notice women's bodies and clothing. I don't possess a desire to have a woman's body or wear women's clothing but the sheer act or acknowledging these feelings is stressing me out because I'm left not knowing what it means.

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it sounds like you like the female aesthetic, not that you want to be one. We are all different. I prefer to be more like a female, at least outwardly. That's just me.

Don't think too deep on it.

13. chrisables

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Kasey
    Do you really think that? I wonder that myself. I'm an artist/illustrator and I've always enjoyed drawing and creating, strong, flashy and eccentric female characters and/or costumes and I've always enjoyed and appreciated those kinds of female characters in movies and TV but I've never had a desire to be a woman. I don't have an envy for the female form. I don't have a desire to wear women's clothes. However, I'm an incredibly neurotic and sadly, insecure person who's struggled with a lack of confidence in many aspects of life which is something I'm working to fix so I think that combined with this sudden stress and sent my anxiety into overdrive.

14. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Honestly you sound very confident.

"I don't have an envy for the female form."
    "I don't have a desire to wear women's clothes."
    " I've never desired to be feminine"
    " I don't possess a desire to have a woman's body
    "

These statements don't tell me you are insecure. If this were me, I would be telling you that "I envy the female form" and "I desire to be feminine." because I am confident that I do.

Try not to let stress rule your life. Especially if you have a tendency to get anxious. Find a way to de-stress. Turn off the t.v., or turn on the t.v. or read a book, or whatever. Whatever works for you. :icon_wink