1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream about coming out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by utsuratsura, Dec 27, 2013.

1. utsuratsura

(didn't really know where to put this..hopefully it's in the right forum section..)

So last night I had this strange dream that ended with me coming out as transgender to a sort-of-friend of mine from school. I had driven him home and when he got out of the car, I got out too and stopped him and said "I'm transgender". Then he hugged me and said "It's okay", and I woke up.

This isn't the first time I've had a dream like this. I've had a somewhat similar one in which I came out to the other FtM boy at my school, although it's been a few months since that one.

Has anyone else had dreams like these?

I don't know what to think of them, other than I guess the issue of coming out has caused me enough distress that I even think about it when I sleep.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You often dream about things you want.

Fantasies my friend. I have similar dreams but about MtF.

3. Silenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to having these kinds of dreams. :slight_smile: I remember one in particular in which I came out to a teacher, and she hugged me, and I felt so safe and loved in her arms that I began to sob. Thinking of the dream now still makes me feel both sad and happy, because I never came out to her in real life. I like these kinds of dreams. They don't feel stressful at all. They feel hopeful.

I have other dreams (nightmares, I suppose) in which I'm being teased and bullied. There was one in particular in which I was naked and everyone could see that I wasn't exactly who I said I was, and they ridiculed me, and I got angry, and started throwing stuff at them, but my arm was so weak, and I could not hit them, and I couldn't run away or hide.

I agree with Kasey: we dream about the things we want. Also about the things that make us afraid.