1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone familiar with the C.O.G.I.A.T.I. (transgender) Test?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Simple Thoughts, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Simple Thoughts

How legit is this test? I got bored and took it, but it had some interesting results. I'm wondering how seriously I should take them though since a lot of online tests and junk turn out to be just random nonsense xD

2. suninthesky

My opinion is that even if you are trying your best to answer the question truthfully, as soon as you know what a test is used for, it become biased and therefore not valid. If someone were to give you the test without you knowing what it is for, there might be more reliable scientific evidence (for whatever said test concerns.)

That said, you are who you are. Even the most well designed test can't tell you this because computers can't quantify human.

3. Simple Thoughts

I didn't plan on just running with it. I was curious because it was unexpected results, and generally some tests are just random questions without purpose and other tests are more reliable than that even if not completely so.

I was wondering if this was an actual test, or one that got made up randomly. Not that I care either way.

This is what my result was, and I'm intrigued but it sounds about right :slight_smile:

ANDROGYNE
    You scored 46% female.
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it. SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION: Your situation is a little tricky in our current society, but not tremendously so, depending on your geographic location. The suggestions for your circumstance are not overly complicated.

1. If you have any comfortability about your gender expression, some slight degree of counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.

2. As an androgynous being, both genders, and both sexes are natural to your expression. Permanent polarization in either direction might bring significant unhappiness. It is not recommended that you go through a complete transsexual transformation. You might find a partial transformation of value, if you find yourself more attracted overall to the feminine. You are more likely a transgenderist, than a transsexual. It is recommended that you recognize that your gender issues are real, but that extreme action regarding them should be viewed with great caution.

3. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

4. suninthesky

That's pretty interesting, yeah! I think you also have to take into consideration the difference between sex and gender identity. Guys can be feminine and gals can be masculine, and then there's those that fall somewhere in between. Also, I think androgynous personalities are becoming more common as the sex role stereotyping in society is becoming less concrete.

I do think it's neat though. It allows you to identify with the perspective of either gender and be more flexible with doing different jobs, definitely makes you valuable.

5. Just Jess

It's bunk. On my phone now but there was a really funny send-up of it on tsroadmap.com if you have a few minutes and need a good laugh.

The problem is that it focuses on stereotypes. The old mentality was making you prove your femininity before transitioning. Since WPATH revised the Standards of Care, it's about making sure people understand the risks, making sure there are no mental or physical health problems that would interfere with any medical treatment, and making sure the trans patient has full agency - which is a fancy way of saying they're nit transitioning for a weird reason like making a loved one happy or because they're ashamed of being gay.

None of those kinds of concerns show up in a gender test. The real danger is that being trans has little to do with social gender roles, and that is the big focus of those tests.

6. Simple Thoughts

I suppose that's true. I was having a similar thought about it myself. It makes sense to me, I have very feminine thoughts sometimes, and I even structure a lot of my speech in ways that might be considered 'girly'

Then in other aspects of my life I can be pretty stereo typically male as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm pretty fine with sorta claiming both as a definition of self, besides it sorta mixes well with how I felt about myself from the start anyways. I was just curious because I'd love to get a chance to explore my sense of self when it comes to gender it's why I was bothering with little quizzes in the first place xD

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2013 at 01:15 PM ----------

I see. Thanks :slight_smile:

Do you know any better exams/tests for this? I'm really just looking to find a good foothold position so I can address certain personal confusions of gender. I know that I don't harbor any desire to change my physical sex, but I often times feel a strong connect with the thought of being feminine and often times straight up female :slight_smile:

So I was mainly just curious to explore, because I know transgender has more depth than just the simplistic view of 'Guy wants to be chick' and 'chick wants to be guy' ya know?

7. Just Jess

So tsroadmap.com had the not funny but thought out reply to The COGIATI "Gender test" , but they link to the funny test, DIANATI, on the bottom.

8. Simple Thoughts

That was an interesting reply, but I agree. It's nice that someone saw a missing piece in our social puzzle and tried to fill it. It sucks it's a little loaded, but at least there was some ground work set down. :slight_smile:

Sucks though...that website makes a very compelling argument for why tests are useless >.>

Oh well, what's life if you aren't spending it wondering if you're crazy, insane, weird, or normal? XD

9. Just Jess

I get thay completely. Keeping in mind what you're really doing is comparing yourself to someone else's point of view on gender, Blogthings.com has a lot of good ones.

10. suninthesky

11. Simple Thoughts

I'm aware. I don't take anything as an absolute truth especially not online quizzes, but giving yourself a general idea is a great place to get a foundation to explore a bit, don't you think? ^.^

12. Just Jess

And for what it's worth I someti mes read horoscopes too . Ad long as you don't give the results any authority, like ''someone important made this so it's true'' or anything, sometimes someone else's point of view can help you see things you wouldn't otherwise.

13. Simple Thoughts

I find horoscopes fun. I love when you get those days where they're like spot on to how you're feeling. I mean it's clearly by random chance, but it's still kind of awesome when you read one and can't help, but feel like it was left there specifically for you to read :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Just Jess

Matter of fact later when I have a real computer I'll take both tests and post my results :slight_smile:

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to give it a shot too.

But remember like the Kinsey scale or IQ tests it only tests based on a limited set of responses and doesn't take other factors into account.

16. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well according to that test I'm internally more male than female, so it's really not winning me over...

17. Simple Thoughts

Neat :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2013 at 01:45 PM ----------

This is why I thought about it and asked on this forum how legit the test was xD

I figured like most things on the internet it had it's probability of being junk

18. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is, once you get to that first question that asks you to choose between something logical and something artistic, you can SEE where it's going.

Men like gadgets and logic and maths. Women like painting and make-believe and poetry!

How anyone thought linking broad-spectrum personality traits to 'Do I REALLY need this penis?' is beyond me!

19. Simple Thoughts

You know in retrospect I'm not sure how I didn't notice that xD

I never pay all that much attention though so it's not too shocking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your COGIATI result value is: 0 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.
    SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
    Your situation is a little tricky in our current society, but not tremendously so, depending on your geographic location.
    The suggestions for your circumstance are not overly complicated.
    If you have any comfortability about your gender expression, some slight degree of counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.
    As an androgynous being, both genders, and both sexes are natural to your expression. Permanent polarization in either direction might bring significant unhappiness. It is not recommended that you go through a complete transsexual transformation. You might find a partial transformation of value, if you find yourself more attracted overall to the feminine. You are more likely a transgenderist, than a transsexual. It is recommended that you recognize that your gender issues are real, but that extreme action regarding them should be viewed with great caution.
    If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

Holy crap... That is me.