1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transmen and bottom surgery shamming

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Caillin, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Caillin

So there was a thread I made kinda similar to this i think but i kinda just want to put this in new words. So im talking about phalloplasty here and I think its really wrong to shame a transman who chooses to get this surgery and not only is it rude but its a form of body shaming and that is cowardly in my opinion. Its really not ok to shame some one for making a huge decision and that decision could make them so happy to get the surgery you have no right to tell them its mutilating their body because the results are not to your satisfaction maybe it meets their criteria. So because something isnt perfect yet does not give any one the right to bash on people who say "hey this surgery is fine with me I can be happy with it" If the surgery does not match what you want then fine dont get it no one is telling you you have to get it if you dont want it so be it just dont bash on people who want or need it. You can just say nicely why the surgery isnt for you. I notice as well that most people who shame on it only see the right after surgery results. Sorry rant but I just so sick of people saying its mutilating the body and I plan to get phalloplasty I dont shame transmen who choose to not get surgery or metoidioplasty thats just not fit for me it doesn't match my criteria but if its what he want to get it then thats fine with me ill stick with my surgery choice you stick with yours unless you dont want to get surgery then that ok to as long as your happy with whatever you get its your choice and should not be shamed because of it.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This aimed at anyone in particular or is this some ongoing thing that's finally pushed you off the edge?

3. Caillin

ongoing thing that pushed me but im pretty sure on this one forum someone said they would flip out that if some one called MTF mutilating their genitals but not trans men if i remember correctly but mostly on ongoing thing just pushed me off the rail. I just see it so disrespectful to people who choose this surgery and then people bash you for it.

4. anonym

anonym Guest

Sorry if I have been responsible for this. I know I have said some things about ftm bottom surgery being rubbish at the moment...sorry. I do hope it will improve though.

I think it is exactly because it isn't as advanced as we'd like that causes divided opinion. I mean if it gave the results we would all want then we probably wouldn't be talking about this now.

I think if you really need bottom surgery and you're happy with the results that current surgery can offer that's absolutely fine I am not against ftm bottom surgery. I just don't think I would go for it myself unless it was absolutely essential and couldn't live without it until it improves say in the next decade

5. Caillin

Oh dont worry bout it its totally fine now that youre apologizing if you ever said anything rubish about it. It just gets me going because ive phalloplasty results and some of them if are not the worst thing in the world. That is just my opinion and with science progressing they are sure to improve.

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

There is a difference between opinion towards self, and opinion towards others. Now I hate to bring in Tumblr here but I recently got an account so I could subscribe to a few trans* related this. I have seen pictures of transmen after surgery, and they look nice. The bottom surgeries for FtMs are not very advance. And sadly a lot of time you have to keep female parts down there for things like urination (yes some surgeries can give you a penis that you can piss through, I know). I have a hunch that you are referring to maybe a comment I made about mutilating one's body. I was talking about myself. The main reason I am non-op is because I'd look in the mirror and feel mutilated if I got surgery. Better the devil I know, than the devil I don't is how I look at it.

It's a matter of personal preference. If you want surgery and our prepared to accept the results, go for it.

I'd never tell someone they're a freak for getting surgery, and I don't think that either.

7. Caillin

Well yes im not saying you cant have opinions on why yourself would not get it but im more talking about the people who are telling people they are mutilating themselves and shamming them for getting the surgery.

8. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

You know how some in the closet gay people are homophobic? It's sorta like that. SOme transmen are to scared to commit to surgery even though it'd make them happy, so instead they shame others as a way to make themselves more certain about their uncertainties.

Don't give these people the time of day.