1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to androgynous and genderqueer

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bring it, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very confused about which is which and what the difference is. Any help and definitions would be great. Thanks!

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Androgyny refers to the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics. Sexual ambiguity may be found in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle.

Genderqueer (GQ; alternatively non-binary) is a catch-all category for gender identities other than man and woman, thus outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity.

It sounds the same to me. I personally just go with transgender.

3. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The thing is that while i'm physically female, it really depends on the moment whether i feel like a guy or a girl with my attire, activities, etc. For example, sometimes (not often) i'll feel like doing my hair and be more concerned than usual anout my appearance, and i'll feel like doing "girly" things like gossiping or somwthing like that. Other times i'll just want to sit around in sweats and play skyrim all day. Usually though, i'm somewhere in between where i wear jeans and a plain t-shirt and do non-gender-specific stuff like drawing or watching anime.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Androgynous simply means having both male and female characteristics; it isn't a gender identity per se, but more of a description. Androgyne, on the other hand, falls under the genderqueer umbrella, and combines traits that are both male and female (or neither). On some days they feel more masculine, and on some days they feel more feminine.