1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Confusion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JoshCD, Dec 31, 2013.

1. JoshCD

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I am currently 23 years old, and often confused with my gender. I decided to post here to maybe get some advice and come out in a safe way I suppose. Ever since I was young I have been dressing up in women's clothing; and when I first began I did not know why (my mom's clothes and my cousin's clothes is what I started with). I suppose I was just "Exploring", but often found myself going more into it and looking up maybe makeup tutorials on You Tube and similar things like that. Again, at that time, I was telling myself "Why am I doing this?" That was around the time when I was in high school, but now I am 23, and I often I find myself either feeling feminine and happy or lonely and aggressive/stressed. These feelings are very random and I don't know what is really causing them. I could probably say that some of it may have to do with me being scared of society's views on things and I want to "Fit In" (not really being myself). I don't have too much confidence in myself right now to come out and express my feelings to my family but I have shared my feelings to friends. Some understand it, some don't care and ignore it. I feel lonely and just left to find out what to do from now. I thought maybe I could be androgynous. I also considered doing therapy online.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I often I find myself either feeling feminine and happy or lonely and aggressive/stressed."

Ah that old familiar feeling! How I hate it :slight_smile:

One thing I'd like you to consider regards this idea of 'what is really causing them'. I find that a lot of people, when looking for a cause, seem to look for some event or set of circumstances to explain their feelings. It is interesting that nobody questions what causes them to feel they should wear the clothes associated with their birth gender, and merely accept that society says that is how it should be. Do what feels right to you.

Having said that, is there anything we can help you with?