1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine/masculine... embracing our Queer

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DesertTortoise, Dec 31, 2013.

1. DesertTortoise

I thought this was a beautiful article, especially for those who will never fit the normative model of what a "man" should be.
    The Strength in being a Queen | The Unfiltered Life and Times of a Very Gay Man

" As gay men, we know that there isn’t one definition of what man is defined by. Hell, we are living proof. So to discount or stifle any feminine characteristics that we have is a slap in the face to our own culture and an admission to others that there is something to suppress. The gay men who can’t help but radiate glitter from every orifice are the ones who propelled gay rights into the mainstream. As we get closer to becoming more integrated with heterosexual people, it is important that we do not allow any segment of our own pool to suffer in the process.

... Those who exist furthest from their litmus test of worth garner the least of the ruling party’s love. As proud gay men, we should demand within our own community that the measure of femininity not be an indicator of worth and that we respect each other regardless of our differences.

To the queens who have been beaten up, marginalized, and mangled for refusing to cave into the norm, you are the true heroes of the gay movement. It is to these men that we owe the freedom to be the exact type of gay men that we were made to be, and nothing else."

2. Simple Thoughts

That was an interesting read.

I have to agree with what was said in this article. I don't personally have any sort of dance skills, but I can relate with the writer. :slight_smile:

3. DesertTortoise

Me neither, dance skills. But I like nail polish and faerie drag and swish and glitter.

4. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, that was interesting.
    Masculine gay guys and camp gay guys (TV Tropes ruined my vocabulary) should stop the infighting and band together.
    Strength in numbers.

5. Just Jess

I am really grateful that there are people out there that make the world a lot less one-size-fits-all. You fae are terrific people, and I'm proud to be lumped in with you.

I feel like we have a lot in common. You're like the dadaists and surrealists, trying to get to the core of femininity and exaggerating it in impossible and beautify ways, and I fell a little more like an impressionist, adding blotches to the canvas until you can finally take a step back and ignore the paint and see the truth behind it in a way cameras can't show it. We really aren't very different.

6. Simple Thoughts

I always sorta wanted to play with nail polish when I was younger, but my dad was not about that. xD

7. biggayguy

I'm loving manicures and shiny bangles lately. It is so much fun trying different nail polish.

8. Simple Thoughts

I wouldn't know. I'm a heavy nail biter anymore -.-'