1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Envious of other guys transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MrSmooth, Dec 31, 2013.

1. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just looking through other videos of other guys who have started HRT, And seeing how they turn out, Kinda makes me alittle envious especially the ones who transition at my age or younger, But I'm so ready to start T and finally be at atleast some ease with myself, I'm not a hater I'm happy for them but at the same time I wish it was me, Even the ones who have support from family it kinda upsets me because even through that I realize mom is never gonna see me as her son

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

It's hard to see others get what they need because they are simply in a better situation. I mean I think this can apply to a lot of things.

I get on tumblr sometimes and see before and after pics of transmen ounger than me, and it stings sorta. But I'm not interested in surgery, or HRT. I guess all I can say is some people have an advantage, seems unfair but it's the way it is. And I'm happy for them too, I hope they know how lucky they are.

3. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea I understand that, But its alot different for someone who's planning it and watching everyone else hit the right puberty while I'm stuck, It gets fustrating

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Are we talking about like trans who get on T or E blockers before puberty?

5. Hopefilled

The prime determinant of Gender is your mind. the rest is mere shaping of the flesh to match. Be as you need to and the rest gets easier- I've both been told and seen that.:>

6. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yea.... I can't be happy in this body at all it's not possible

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2013 at 08:34 PM ----------

No transguys who just get on T or even blockers

7. Hopefilled

Depends- some changes are affected by timings of hormones. And others not. Missing out on Menarche is a common wistful longing for some of us.

8. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I don't understand that

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

If you keep telling yourself that, then you will never be happy. It won't matter if you get on hormones. Hormones are not the cure all to everything. You have to look for the positives instead of the negatives. That may seem hard to do now, but it gets easier over time.

10. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well its true I'm not gonna lie about it, And I didn't say homones were a cure but it will help me out, I mean seriouly how can I be happy when I have to deal menstural cycles every month like a female, How can I be happy when I get rejected all the time, How can be happy when my family willl never accept, Theirs nothing positive about my life, Besides the fact that I'm living, But then sometimes I wish I was never born, My mom is literally embarrsed of me, No my life is filled with negativity

#10 MrSmooth, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the question that I had to answer as well. As hard as it may seem, you will just have to let that go. Yeah, it sucks, but if people cannot really accept you for who you are, do you really want them in your life anyways? Take this as an opportunity to build a new family that will be accepting of you. Families are not always by blood.

12. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Really that's my mpther I'm sorry, can't just let go of the women who gave birth to me are you crazy man, That's my mom, Nice to know it was that easy for you

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody said it was easy. But when it gets down to 'be who I am with people who love and accept me' and 'be who I am with people who think I'm a freak' the choice is fairly clear...

It's not immeasurably different to the decision to start transitioning in the first place. You can put it off forever and try and get through it as best you can, but the chances are eventually you will break.

Cat isn't saying "Hey, go flip your mum the bird right now then go find a new family to live with' he's saying invest your affections in the people who DO accept you for who you really are, because they are the people that matter. Blood doesn't mean a damn thing if all you get out of it is hate.

14. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not crazy. But sometimes there comes a point where you have to do what is better for yourself. Also, insulting the people that are trying to help you is not going to get you anywhere.

15. Sarcastic Luck

Essentially this. My mom doesn't want a son. She barely likes men. She flat told me that she doesn't understand it and refuses to understand it. I'm not going to hang around and deal with her phobic attitudes for the rest of my life. If she can put her big girl panties on, put her bias to the side, and play nice? Sure. I'll come visit.

16. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well its not that easy

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2013 at 08:59 PM ----------

Again you guys make it sound so easy

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2013 at 09:02 PM ----------

Didn't say you had to

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I make it sound like a last resort. The bit I make sound easy is the bit where you focus on the people who love and accept you. I made it pretty clear, or at least I thought I did but apparently not, that ditching your blood relatives isn't easy, but when it boils down to it the decision is clear.

If you really get to that breaking point, and you've been there before because you're presenting to the world as a guy, it becomes obvious what you have to do. It doesn't make it easy, but the result is a better existence.

18. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did not say anywhere in my post that it was easy. In fact, I said that it was hard. Ellia didn't say that it was easy either. It is an option, that you could be forced into (if your mother disowns you) or you have to choose for your own mental health. It is a last resort.

19. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'm pretty sure my family is always gonna love me, Just not accept me oh well, I guess

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2013 at 09:09 PM ----------

She didn't disown me, She's a Christian I am to that's why but she probally will when I start HRT

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Then that is a reality that you are going to have to face at some point or another. It sucks, but in the end you have to do what is best for you.