1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is where it begins!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miiaaaaa, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there EC, my name is Mia. (You may have seen me post as FKM.)
    Last month, I came here questioning everything about my gender and sexual orientation and within the last week or two I've come to terms with it all. And wanted to say thank you to all of you. <3

I recently came out to someone (on an online game, granted), but they seemed to understand what I was going through and were very supportive! I'm very lucky that I had a person like this to come out to!
    After the exam period, I shall see my GP and start my transition and in time, come out to everyone.

I hope to be an active member of the community and help out as much as I can. :slight_smile:

Love you all. <3

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure why you decided to change your account, but whatever! Glad to see you're in a better place mentally than you were a few weeks ago!!!! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just seemed like a good thing to do. No idea why!
    And thank you. Almost feels like a weight off. (Even though there's this long transition and coming out to people looming!) :slight_smile:

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I found coming to terms with it much more stressful than telling people and most aspects of the transition! At least once you start transitioning you start feeling like yourself so there are positive sides to look for :slight_smile:

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah! The hard part for me was constantly trying to determine if I'm indeed transgender or if I'm just thinking I am, and it being a phase or something. :S
    And yeah, the actual transition doesn't scare me one bit. Passing during the transition doesn't worry me (though whether or not I pass at the end worries me!), FFS or SRS doesn't scare me either. (Probably because I know it's going to help!) [Though wondering how on Earth to pay for them is worrying!

Coming out to people, is a little worrying. But going to see my GP is the most worrying thing! (Especially since it's in the small medical centre thing in the uni.)

[Sorry for all the venting. :slight_smile:]