1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sitting Better

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Daydream Harp, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Daydream Harp

Well I realized recently that my current way of sitting isn't very feminine, and I want to change that. Though, there is the issue of me being overweight, not being very bendy and... well, you know, having the wrong junk and it getting in the way.

Basically what I am asking is, how can I sit in a more feminine manner without it being extremely uncomfortable? Preferably without "you will have to lose weight" because I have absolutely no motivation to do so for various reasons right now (including not wanting to use the wrong locker room at the gym, being nerdy to the extreme and preferring computer related passtimes, having a little bit of satisfaction in the fat in that it's the closest I am gonna get to actual boobs as of now, etc.)

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

My Girlfriend (MtF) sits with her legs crossed at the ankle. That's about the most fenimine she's sat for me. Having parts between the legs doesn't lend itself to full blown crossed legs.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Charlie's just said how I usually sit (when I remember...keep flashing my friends by accident!!)

Alternatively, you could hold your legs together at the knee with your ankles apart. If you start with them quite wide apart until you're comfortable with it and move them closer I found that works. Plus if you do it long enough you can sit with your legs together completely a lot easier...just go slow with it otherwise you'll clamp your balls!

4. Daydream Harp

Thanks for the feedback, though I didn't really manage to do any of those methods either :frowning2:

Maybe I am not getting it entirely, could you two try and explain it more in a "step by step checklist" way if you don't mind?

5. Nick07

What about watching girls on a bus or at your school/work? Would that help? I think girls keep their knees close just when wearing skirts. If they wear jeans they don't bother that much with the way they sit. For start you can try to keep your knee and your ankle at one lever (not your knees wider than your ankles).

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK so ankles crossed can go two ways. The first is easiest if you have space.

1. Sit in chair
    2. Stick your feet waaaaaay out in front
    3. Put on foot over the other foot!

Like this: [​IMG]

That way will save your downstairs a lot of squishing! But it's more femme version looks like this (kind of)

[​IMG]

The other way:

1. Sit upright
    2. Put your feet flat on the floor about 1 foot apart
    3. Bring your knees together

Like this [​IMG]

Also read this How to Sit Like a Lady: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg!!!!
    I have been sitting like a girl my whole life!?!?!

Why didn't somebody tell me!?!?

Lol

8. Daydream Harp

Apparently, from looking at those pictures and sitting where I am sitting, the seating in this house is too low or I am too tall heh, but the first method worked okay so I will try and learn my muscle memory to sit like that for the time being then and see where I can go from there. Thanks for the help

I drive to work and I don't work along with a lot of other people so that might be a bit tricky for me to find out. Also I am not entirely sure I understand your direct sitting advice there

9. Nick07

LOL, I am not as good as Holly in looking up pictures :lol:
    I meant in one vertical level. If you look at the third picture, the person has knees together, ankles apart. If you are not comfortable doing that, keep both apart BUT equally - not your knees wider apart than your ankles.

not like this:
    [​IMG]

better like this
    [​IMG]

Maybe simply google woman sitting in chair :lol:

#9 Nick07, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  10. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remeber women generally will sit or stand taking up a lot less space than a man will. the the most part thier kness will be together out of habit from wearing dresses or skirts. So as long as you realize this it might help. for me when wearing slacks or jeans I just keep my legs close together whether Im dress more m or Fem been doing so for such a long time it just comes natural to me.