1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Dysphoria:

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by utsuratsura, Jan 2, 2014.

1. utsuratsura

I was just feeling really bad a little bit ago, so I wrote it all out and I just wanted to post it in case others maybe had similar feelings? This is probably really dumb, I'm sorry

um..yeah. Sorry, I don't usually post such feelings, or talk about them to anyone..

2. Techno Kid

I don't have body dysphoria, but I do feel lots of that when get social dysphoria and it sucks to feel trapped and numb. :frowning2:

I do that kinda of stuff to try to make myself deal with those feelings as well... don't know what to really do about it the root cause or anything though.. sorry :frowning2: *hug*

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's one thing I've learned from using this forum, it's that posting feelings is a good thing...even if you don't think anyone will read them...

I'm glad you did, because it makes me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one this happens to. I recently spent almost a week in my pyjamas because of this exact thing...

(*hug*)

4. utsuratsura

I'm very glad I'm not the only one!

5. Grimm

Ugh. I know that feeling. I've skipped class before because I literally couldn't bring myself to do anything. You're definitely not the only one and it helps me to see that I'm not, either. Hang in there, and keep posting your feelings. Even if no one responds, it helps me lots to write it out and organize it and put it in a place where someone could find it.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I definitely know the feeling as well. Over the past couple of days, I've felt almost 'paralysed' due to dysphoria. Simply being reminded of it all was enough for me to lock myself in my room and not do a damn thing.

You're definitely not alone in these feelings. (*hug*)

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the feeling. I've felt this before, and usually, it also accompanies overload.