1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender or Sexuality?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StellarJ1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Today when I was at work, I was helping a woman after I got back from lunch. For whatever reason, I made a decision to think of myself as a woman(and that she saw me as a woman). It is so freeing. I am suddenly this person who can see everything and feel everything. It is like the world gets revealed to me differently. I felt "closer" to the person I was talking to. I didn't feel like I had to protect myself. Alot of energy is released.

I have picked up on this approach before and the power it has.

Allowing myself to be feminine. I wonder if it has to do with my sexuality or gender?

I know that gay men often can have a feminine affect. Is it me being more comfortable with being gay, or is it me feeling like I am a woman inside.

I have felt more comfortable lately in being a more feminine man. I shave much more(which I like), and my clothes have had a subtle shift. I went out and bought all new underwear. I used to have traditional boxers, but have switched to tight underwear that I associate more with women than men.

2. willycubed28

I know what you mean. I have been more comfortable lately being feminine. Sometimes I wish I was a woman. I mean I love their choice of clothes, and that they get to wear makeup, but then other times I am glad to be a guy. Do you ever feel like you should have been born a woman?

3. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is a difficult question to answer. It wasn't until recently that I started to pick up on this.

What makes me wish I was a woman is the clarity and presence I feel when I think of myself as a woman when I talk to other people. I want that placid, energetic groundedness.

It's weird but I don't really think being a man fits me so much. When I think of my sense of self, I feel more in between genders than anything.

4. willycubed28

Yes, I know it is a very difficult question to answer because I have a hard time answering it myself. I mean I like being a guy, but I have been becoming more in tune with my feminine side, and I tend to think more like a woman would than a man. I have been wanting to explore my feminine side for the longest time, but where I come from it is looked down upon even in the gay community which is a very sad thing.

It is like when I am in a relationship I tend to look at myself as more of the woman in the relationship which is stupid, but I love being romanced, and I have always fantasized being proposed too, and walking down the aisle and seeing my man at the end, but then I get told often that that is a very stupid fantasy and I need to stop having it.

5. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't think that it is a stupid fantasy. I know what you mean, and it sounds like a wonderful fantasy!

I am thinking that anybody who calls a fantasy stupid might be talking more about their own personal issues and phobias.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does it have to be related to either?

Allowing some femininity to show in the company of women is theoretically an extension of empathy. Imagining yourself as somebody else can be a good way of finding confidence we didn't know we had.

I'm not saying there's nothing to these thoughts, just something to think about :slight_smile:

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's not a stupid fantasy at all and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :slight_smile:

If you like being more feminine, do it. :slight_smile: