1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seperate Orientations

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cyking, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Cyking

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am currently a questioning male (Physically) formerly identifying as bisexual, and I've recently realized that I'm bigendered. What's confusing me is that I realize my female self is the pansexual part of me, and my male half is gay with very few exceptions.

Is all this normal, or even plausible? I've got no experience in this, and the resources I've used all seem pretty vague on the subject.

2. A Real Male

Funnily enough, I just looked something like this up.

As you see in my orientation, I defined two different sexualities dependent on my gender. I just recently discovered that I am gynesexual (attraction to females) instead of saying what's listed.

Orientation is very confusing and mine is moreso straight and gay, but as for your gay and pan, I'm honestly not sure what it could be. If you don't care, then probably just pansexual. Here's an article I just finished reading, but I don't think it fully addresses your issue. It's more vague as you said, and Skoliosexual is if you're attracted to non-binaries only but pan IS on there for people in that type of situation.

Hope it helps!

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on a couple of things. I notice you said "my female self", which implies at least to some extent you view the male and female parts of you as separate to some extent. If that's the case then yeah, it stands to reason that you might feel differently.

I mean the female part of you, being the trans part, already has a higher chance of being pan anyway...

Whereas the male part of you, being how you were born is still 'gay', you've got used to that over the years.

Having said that you say there are exceptions, so it could be that your male side just hasn't caught up yet!

Either way, it's probably not a bad thing...I mean it might be later, depends how much you like long term relationships I guess...

4. Cyking

Out Status:
    A few people
    I suppose I should note that my male side has been attracted to females, but they were both exceptions, and neither one was a physical attraction. Still, the fact I got one crush in all of high school on a girl and about a half dozen on guys probably indicates a strong tendency for androphilia.

My female half, on the other hand, loves guys, girls, and anything fairly attractive in between I am certain of this because I only ever see myself as a girl in situations with girls or other genders, only being a man with other men.

Also, the spell checker tried to correct androphilia to necrophilia. That's just wrong.

5. Just Jess

I think my sexuality definitely had some changes with my perspective. I'm still unable to be sexually available to a man or enjoy men in that way. But the way I approach the idea of sex with another woman is very different now. So I think what you are describing is definitely possible.