1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding androgyny

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CuriousCat, Jan 4, 2014.

1. CuriousCat

Okay so as of right now I'm female. But for a while now, I've realized how much I'm attracted to the idea of becoming androgynous. It's really odd for me because I'm young and I have personally witnessed someone my age becoming a transgender, which taught me something. I'm not entirely sure that any decesion I make at this age is the right decision. Obviously, I'd rather not risk it and do something that screws up the rest of my life. So, I'm currently looking for a good, nonpermanent way to experiment with androgyny.
    Any ideas?

2. MJizspidey

I'm 15 and I'm still wondering about if I'm ftm transgender. I've looked into becoming androgyny. What I've seen is: short but still feminine haircut & some masculine clothing mixed with feminine. I'd just go with whatever you feel comfortable in.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
  4. darklord

You could try combining mens and womens clothes, jewellery, hairstyles, make-up etc. Some things can be more masculine, others more feminine, or all just somewhere in between. Choose things that you like. You can take inspiration from other androgynous people, try googling. You could choose a gender neutral nickname as well, and ask your friends to use it :slight_smile: I don't think you have to explain them why (unless you want), because if it is neutral there should be nothing ”strange” about it.

5. Faolan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unfortunately the society we live in today does not give youths the open minded environment they need to develop. The Native Americans, especially the Cherokee, were one of the many cultures in the world that believed in many different gender identities, and it was their belief that someone should spend time in the roles of different genders at least once in their life. I don't know if you live in a place were it is safe for you to openly explore your sexuality, and i will caution you to be careful but never ashamed, and rest assured that there is nothing unusual about wanting to explore this.