1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can only see myself with a guy, as a guy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skuyler, Jan 5, 2014.

1. skuyler

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been questioning my gender a lot lately and have started dressing as a guy again (i did when i was a kid) and i feel really comfortable, but I'm still not sure if I'm making the right choice etc.

But mid 2012 I realised I wasn't straight (as a girl) and I had a gf for a long while, so I assumed i was a lesbian, then i realised i also liked guys so i thought i was bi. But now the more I think about it i realise that the reason being with a girl felt so natural was that possibly i had the mindset of a guy, and now that i've started to identify as a guy more i still feel attracted to guys, but cant see myself with them unless im a guy. same goes for being with women.

sorry for rambling im really tired, but long story short: is it normal to feel like you can only be with a guy or a girl is if you're a guy (for ftm's)

2. anonym

anonym Guest

Well I'm not sure overall but for me this was the case. In fact it was the first step to realising I was trans. I knew I was attracted to women but without going into too much detail, I realised something was wrong in the fact that I was a woman. I actually wanted to be a guy with a woman so yes, I would say it is possible to only see yourself with a girl/guy as a guy if you're ftm.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's perfectly normal. If that's what you like, then good for you. :slight_smile:

Do you feel both male and female? If so, you could be genderfluid and be gay for both genders. :slight_smile:

4. skuyler

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel quite strongly that I can't be with either unless I myself am a guy, so I've got a lot more thinking to do haha. Thank you guys anyway for the responses.