1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need to come out to wife ... again!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miss Emma, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

So here's the skinny on this ...I'm Trans female and married to a straight woman. I'vetold her already that I'm Trans, but she seems to think it's a phase. Even shopping with me and helping me pick out clothes like ladies layering tanks and cute-ass flare jeans isn't doing it. I thought I'd try it ... I have 4 kids with this woman. But she thinks me as male yet. I know me as female. I love her but the dysphoric view of my body with my internal identity is becoming more and more difficult to hide again. Any advice?

2. Just Jess

Hey, glad to see you on the forums :slight_smile: There's lots of smart people here, so I'll be brief, but one thing you really want to read through is Kübler-Ross model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . It describes what your wife is going through very well.

I have had similar experiences and so have lots of others. You are definitely not alone.

3. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Hey girl, nice to hear back! I'm just frustrated. My wife is still not validating my womanhood and it's getting SOOOOO hard to deal with. I'm worried about stepping on her toes is why I just can't tell her yet. But I DID just come out to someone else tonight! He's known a Trans man personally and is non judgmental. Kinda cool!

4. Just Jess

Very cool :slight_smile: Coming out to my first friend helped mire than anything else. It is so amazing when you finally have someone to talk to isn't it?

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done for coming out to someone, nice to have someone to talk to, especially when they're in a similar situation. :slight_smile: