1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Accpet I'm Bi, but Hate it?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by clayton, Jan 6, 2014.

1. clayton

Hi all,

I have many arguments with myself about my sexuality - I'm believe that I'm bisexual but I lean towards men... does that make me gay?

That argument aside, I still struggle with being LGBT. As a high school senior I'm surrounded by only straight guy friends, and although they're great guys, I could never feel confident enough to tell them that I'm bi (if that's even what I am). I'm a masculine guy, and I can hide my sexuality. But I don't want to anymore. I hate lying, I hate feeling lesser. But I feel like if I came out I would be admitting my inferiority to society. I feel like if I came out, my friends wouldn't accept me.

So the problem is, yes, I accept myself for being who I am. But I just don't like who I am.

How can I get over this?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sincerely,
    Clayton

2. Bibliophile

Clayton listen first off all there is no need to hate who you are. If your friends are not supporting how can we really call them friends to begin with? Secondly as for leaning more towards men well it doesnt nessicerly make you gay. It is possible to be homoromantic and bisexual, biromantic and homosexual, hertoromantic and homosexual and every possible combination under the sun
    Finally as to being masculine and using it to hide your sexuality let me give you some advice from a masculine biguy. Men do not need to hide who we are. We own our bodies, sexuality, personality and faults for good or for ill. We stand tall and tell the world this is who we are like it or lump it. One does not need to be masculine to be straight nor does being bi or gay make you less masculine. Being a man is a code as old as civilization itself and if you choose to live that code you are masculine. Do some study on it and meditate on what it all means to you. Trust me I hide myself while I was active duty Navy and all my friends that I hide from simply were almost insulted that I didnt trust them to speak with them about it. I am here to chat if you need an ear or advice as best as I am able to give.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a common concern with coming out, but coming out sounds better than the pain your feeling of bottling it up!

And Bibliophile has it right you could be any variant of bisexual. But there's no need to hate yourself for it. :slight_smile: