1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning to a female body without hormones?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlienisticGene, Jan 8, 2014.

1. AlienisticGene

Hi, so I'm pretty new here, and don't know if this has been asked/discussed, but is it possible to obtain a female body via plastic surgery? I'm genderless, born into a male body, and I really want to present myself more "female" though. I know FFS is possible, but what about implants? Can surgeons give you an hourglass figure somehow? I read up on a plastic surgeons page, and they said that you must be on HRT or have a letter from a therapist supporting this. My main reasoning for not wanting HRT period, is because liver and varios other health problems run STRONGLY in my family, and I'm not "unhappy" with my penis, and do not want to lose function, or lose it, period. So, any suggestions? Any major risks? I've looked everywhere and found NO answers :confused:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess you could, although I have no idea if they would let you do that...

3. June Cleaver

just accept who you are and accentuate your feminine qualities and also select the correct fitting outfits. For me I have certain clothing that accentuate my feminine side also I simply be myself and I forget that I have the incorrect parts. I live much happier this way! just be yourself,that's all I do and I live very happily ever after! June

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you can get breast implants I'm pretty sure... Look up Brian Zembic. (He's the guy who got implants on a bet, and still has them after 17 years)

It is genetalia reassignment that requires psychiatrist approval and hormones. Plastic surgery for breast implants or facial feminization does not have federal laws against it, although not all plastic surgeons would do the procedures.

#4 Kasey, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it might be hard to find a surgeon willing to do it, but it's probably not impossible. And certainly won't be cheap!

6. Just Jess

I think you'll find that most therapists any more aren't going to hold you to a higher standard of mental health than other people. If you find a good surgeon that can help you, and they want a therapist's letter of recommendation, I would go ahead and talk to a therapist.

A therapist isn't going to simply say no, they are going to say no, and this is why. Their goal is helping you be happy and live a life that makes sense to you. If you don't want hormones, they are probably going to explain the costs and benefits to you, since you might not have all the info, but that's it, they won't push or deny other help just because you don't want those.

As far as the other question you were asking, have you considered buying a pair of "falsies" or "chicken cutlets" ? You can get breastforms for around $20.

As far as your figure, it is true that women store fat in different places than men. It is also true that most women want hourglass figures. This is a problem you can solve with clothes. Most women have very different body types, even though they look similar once they're dressed. I wear what I call "gut squishers", control top pantyhose, leotards, etc.

An hourglass figure, though, is a stereotypically unhealthy thing to obsess over. There is a difference between passing and attractive. They have a lot of overlap, but the goals are different. A lot of women, and a lot of men and people like yourself that present as women, feel a lot of pressure to be attractive, and you need to keep that pressure in check. Society has kind of dumb double standards; men don't have to be attractive to pass as men. And it is very easy, especially since you haven't had any exposure to these kinds of expectations, to fall into a trap where you are working harder and harder and are less and less happy with your body.

I'm not saying don't go after a more attractive figure, if you want to work out and get rid of your belly fat, go for it. I am going to say, though, that you need to sit down and have a serious look at your limitations. Don't do anything unhealthy. If you want to go this route, the best way to do it would be to work with a nutritionist and find a gym and an exercise routine that targets your midsection. And set realistic goals. There needs to be a place where what you are is good enough.

But other side of the coin, if you are doing all that, don't let people give you crap. If they are giving you crap, a lot of the time it's because they have limitations you don't. I will fully admit to being jealous of a lot of women. The fact is, you don't need an hourglass figure to be healthy. And if you understand that, you can talk to people with genuine sympathy. But it's also true that you aren't doing anything unhealthy, and don't deserve people telling you you are.

Probably the most feminizing thing you can do, is to permanently remove your facial hair (assuming you are not attached to it, if you want it, you can get good with make-up) and grow your head hair out.

Also, skirts are very feminizing and attractive and give you a little bit of mystery. Plus, you don't have to worry about becoming untucked :wink:

7. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

As far as coming untucked, I've seen a good you tube video about a good bathing suit tuck. Not tried it (yet:wink:) but it seems to be good. And I do look pretty good in my jrs skinny jeans! Size 5 or 7, brand depending.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2014 at 07:18 PM ----------

As far as tucking, there is a good you tube video about a good bathing suit tuck. Not tried it out yet :wink: but it seems good. Also, I look pretty good in my jrs skinny jeans. Size 5 or 7, brand depending.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2014 at 07:23 PM ----------

I've seen a good video on you tube about a good bathing suit tuck. Not tried it yet :slight_smile:icon_redf) but seems good. Also I look pretty good in m my jrs size 5 skinny jeans :icon_wink

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2014 at 07:32 PM ----------

Oops. Phone froze and didn't register any postings. Not trying to toot my own horn THAT much :wink:

8. Just Jess

9. Nick07

Hi June,
    I believe you have a super accepting partner. That makes world of a difference. If someone doesn't have that, they either need to be very strong or find different ways to cope.

10. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Cassie that's basically the video. Thanks:eusa_clap

11. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am currently living as such now. I am a male boded but gender fluid, currently presenting as female. I just had my breasts enlarged in December. prior to that I had electrolysis done on my face and hair removal on my chest, underarms, abs and back. this took a long time to get all done. Plus I haveto watch I eat to keep thin. I did go to a therapist for a year which helped as she wrote a letter for my breast aug. there are surgions that will do men but you have to find them. Most big cities will have one or two that will consider performing the procedure.

Problem is that unless you take hormones which does alot for your skin and body tone (depending how old you are). its hard to maintain a convincing figure to pass all the time

12. June Cleaver

that is true,I had to break it off with Michael. His family convinced him he was gay because of being with me.so he became violent towards me and I am todaystill a woman happy because I don't worry about the small things! Just hold on who you are I never wavered! Good luck, June

13. DhammaGamer

I've been on hrt for almost two years and have not lost any ... umm ... functionality? lol However, the physical changes have been pretty dramatic. If you want soft skin, fat re-distribution, natural breasts, and softer facial features, hrt is the only way to go. Breast augmentation on a male body may end up looking a little out of place in your 40s and 50s.

14. Nick07

I am sorry to hear about the break up, June :frowning2:

15. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry to hear about that June. :frowning2:
    (*hug*)

16. Gingerblond93

I'd say keep it Simple. As others said you can accentuate your feminine qualities and select correct fitting feminine outfits. You can also get breast implants, and when your ready then you can consider going on hormones. Or you dont need to go on hormones if you don't want to. It's really your choice. But look into the breast implants that might be the best next step for you.

17. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did have Breast augmentation done results were good! prior to that I had not taken any Mones. I am a full C cup. they were very firm inthe beginning but have since dropped and settled nicley, softened up a lot too. Only real negative is wearing a bra in the hot weather is a pain