1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Therapist~

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Okiagari, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finally got referred to a gender therapist but now I have to write a letter to him about myself and my feelings, what I'm looking to get out of the visits and that kind of stuff. The thing is, I'm awful at talking about myself and explaining what I want even though I know, I can't put it all into words. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not very good at explaining things to people and it's really getting to me cause this is a very important step to becoming my true self .

Any tips?

Thanks for reading!

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really bad at explaining things too. I guess just say things honestly and see how it comes out. Maybe bullet point the things you want to say and try not to write too much for each at first, then add stuff. :slight_smile:

Sorry I can't help more. :frowning2:

3. EmilyAnn

If you can talk about it better you might try the dragon naturally speaking software. It does speech to text. Might work?

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would try to write an outline of your feelings. That way, you can have an idea of what you are going for instead of just pulling things out of your head. I know that it can help me to make a list and then expand on the points, and then put that into some sort of letter format.

5. AlexisAnne

The Cat's idea is excellent and a great place to start. The most important thing is to speak honestly and from the heart. Talk about how you feel in your body, what feels right or wrong and talk a little bit about your history, how long you've felt this way, and some of your earlier memories of feeling this way.

Ultimately, what you mention in your letter is up to you and I merely offer suggestions. The most important thing is that it comes from you and that it's sincere in how you feel. If you accomplish those two things, then you're a long way in the right direction.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

6. bluerain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always wrote down what I was going to say. Even if it was in paragraphs I simply read right off the paper. I helped so much.

7. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I'll try some of them and see how it goes :slight_smile: