1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold Feet

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bluerain, Jan 10, 2014.

1. bluerain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'll be starting hormones in a few months and at first I was really excited. But now I'm growing more and more worried. I'm not quite sure what I'm so worried about because I can't come up with any reasons why. I can't say, "Well I don't want.....to happen" and I can't say I don't want to be seen as male. But I've been growing increasingly scared that I could be making the wrong choice even though I have no reasons behind that statement. Does anyone else feel like this? Thank you.

2. EmilyAnn

Everyone feels apprehensive at the thought of change plus it takes a bit before you will have any major changes. i have feelings like this all the time but change comes to us all and either we can run from it or embrace it. The Australians have a saying that i like using "No worries". Its not really a statement of fact but more of a "you cant stop things from happening so its no use worrying about it" I know if i was starting hormones i would be nervous as heck.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world
    Emily

3. suninthesky

I'd be worried if you weren't worried. If it makes you feel better you can probably ask your doctor to start you on a lower dose so the changes happen more quickly. then you'll have time to know for sure if it feels right or not.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever gone on holiday and just before you left the house thought 'this was the worst idea I've ever had...what if something goes wrong?'

Now apply the same principal to your body, which you're basically stuck with until you die and tell me with a straight face that being scared isn't to be expected!

Good luck, and we're all here for you 100% <3

5. NoExplanation

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like this right now, but I realize, it's just human nature.

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's what's stopping me from seeing my doctor. :/
    Pretty sure it's normal though. :slight_smile:

7. jvn95

I'm not trans, but I read on this site and elsewhere quite a bit about getting worried.

It's normal to be scared something new, and medical.

I hope you are soothed and get the happiness you seek, I know you will :slight_smile: