1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young And Confused Transgender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FibroDrake, Jan 11, 2014.

1. FibroDrake

Hello, my name is Finn. I was born as Fiona, a little healthy baby girl, thirteen years ago. But, I soon developed a self-hate attitude, major depression, and suicidal tendencies by the age of six. I felt different, and something was very wrong.

I grew up as a huge tomboy, still depressed and unhappy. And then in middle school I got a computer. And with that computer, I went on youtube. And on youtube, I found several videos made by transgender men and woman, and documents on transgender children.

That's me! I thought, but, that kind of thing was unheard of where I live, a small town in Texas. Maybe it's just a phase, I mean, I'm just a tween girl right? So I pushed it to the back of my brain. But, it just kept reappearing every time I felt sad or depressed.

And now, I'm thirteen, and I'm trying my best to start to transition. I couldn't take it anymore, I'm in the wrong body. So I took all my female clothes out of my closet, I binded my chest the best I could with an old sports bra and a tank top (I'm a D cup, so binding is going to be a nightmare for me), and I put on my few male clothes that I have.

I'm already feeling a heck of a lot happier and I've actually been motivated to take charge in my life again. Before my room was a mess and had tons of stuff I didn't need, and now it's a lot cleaner, I'm putting away all my pink and frilly stuff so I can replace it with more masculine things, and I actually like it. Like, I want to clean my room and have boy things. And it feels amazing to finally want something.

Wow, I'm terrible at explaining, but yeah, so is there any binders that you could recommend for me? I've heard that Underworks is amazing, so I'll hopefully be ordering a binder from them next week. Is there any tips for coming out to people? Or passing? Or just any tips or comments in general?

2. Nick07

You are great at explaining :slight_smile: Welcome to EC, I hope you will find all the answers you need :slight_smile:

3. mermaid

Hi Finn and welcome to EC!
    You already discovered who you are and did a lot changes that made you happier, that's great!:thumbsup:
    You may say that there is much more you have to change before you can be really happy, but you have begun your transformation, that's what counts!
    I think that it is good to think baby steps, or you might get more frustrated than you already are.

There are many trans people here on EC and I'm sure that you will get some answers on binding and your other questions.

I'm not trans myself so I just can give you some general advices and I could be wrong, sorry for that!:icon_redf

Hugs!(&&&)

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

About breasts size, as a 32G, I know your pain. (When I was 13 I was a D, but they kept growing). As for transitioning, I have found sport bras to work well in the minimizing area. Ace BandAid Fabric wraps are potentially dangerous, as they can damage breathing and in extreme cases cause suffocation.

Binders won't miraculously make the Chest Puppies go away, especially when they are D's. Sadly they are more suited for the medium-small busted females.

So when you look into a binder it's going to need to be proper for your size. And you'll have to mess around with clothe layering to hide what the binder doesn't.

I hope this helped. :welcome: to EC!