1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for mtf's on hrt ...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miss Emma, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Anyone tell me of their hrt effects on body hair? I hear aboutlaser hair removal ... Is that full body or just facial? I'm seeing a therapist to get recommendation and just wondering the need. Thanks! Muah! :x

2. DhammaGamer

3 months prior to starting hrt I had laser done on my face. I stopped going after 8 sessions, and am happy with the results (namely no shadow, no dark hairs, however I do still have to shave daily). I also had about 6 hours of electrolysis, but cannot afford it atr this time in my life and I'm fine with regular shaving.

As for body hair, I have seen some very noticeable improvement. My leg hair grows slower and is finer. My arm hair is the same way. Since hrt, I have notices a very light coat of blonde hairs that grow all over my torso, which apparantly is a common effect of estrogen. I shave the area below my belly button once every two or three weeks and it stays pretty much soft the entire time. I shave my legs every other day (which is a lot lot lot more than my other female friends, but jsut cuz I like the way it feels :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). I never really had much body hair to worry about except a small patch on my lower back and some fuzz on my booty (both of which have lessened considerably, though I do occasionally have to keep it groomed about as much as I do my tummy).

From what I've heard, it's usually about 3 years for the effects to be seriously noticeable in those women who have extensive body hair. I'm a little over 1.5.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wondering this too...I hate shaving every day :frowning2:

4. DhammaGamer

Meh, I don't mind, it's just a part of my daily routine. Electrolysis is really f*cking painful, by the way. Like....BAD. I plan on getting it done in my thirties, when I have 15g to spare, but until then, I don't mind shaving. I use girly razors and shaving gel, so I can femme it up a little bit ;P

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Body hair removal is a nightmare! The bumps on my legs are rather unsightly. :frowning2:

6. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Amen to the razor bumps! Owww! I have to shave my chest too but i just use a clipper for my arms. How about advice on what to do for head hair? Make pattern baldness is a BITCH!

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2014 at 04:15 PM ----------

Not on hrt ... Yet btw!:icon_wink

7. DhammaGamer

I have used 5% topical minoxidil treatment and 2.5mg generic finsteride daily for over two years and have greatly improved the appearance of my hairline. I still plan on oping for a hairline adjustment along with my brow work. I may need transplants as well.

8. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I never had good luck with minoxidil. Maybe try when I get on hrt. Thanks!

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2014 at 06:14 PM ----------

Ellia ... Glad i could bring up a topic you were wondering about as well!:slight_smile:

9. AlexisAnne

I've been on Hrt for just over 10 months now and here's what I've noticed so far. My facial hair growth has slowed a bit. I used to absolutely have to shave every day. I still usually do it every day, but with the right foundation and cover up I can go three or three days without shaving in a pinch. My chest hair has slowed down quite a bit although I've never been that hairy to begin with. My arm hair has started to get finer, as has my leg hair but they're still clearly in the process of changing. I've also been using Finasteride for my head and I've only been on it for about a month and a half so, although I'm noticing some very small improvements, nothing drastic yet. Unfortunately I can't afford laser hair removal quite yet, but that we'll be coming up in a couple months.

10. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Hi Alexis Anne. Thanks for your input as well. 10 mos in is closest to my state now. Pre hrt. Seems like I've got a good, empathetic therapist that told me I know where I'm going SOOOOO ...

11. AlexisAnne

I'm glad to hear you've found a good therapist Mrs. Emma :slight_smile: and I'm happy to help anytime.

12. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I could HUG all of you!(&&&)

13. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Glad you have a good therapist. :slight_smile:

Also, I hear Avodart is good for hair regrowth, but I dunno.