1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Estival, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there! So, I want to bind my chest so I can explore my androgyny some more. However, I don't want my parents to know. I still live with them, so I'm not sure how to do this! I might be able to pass off buying a binder (I cosplay sometimes), but definitely not wearing it around the house. I could try wearing it when they're not home, but I'm also worried that they'd walk in and notice something's up.

I'm not sure if this question really belongs here, but does anyone know a solution to this? Maybe a binder that can quickly come off/not be a binder...? Thank you!

2. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kind of in the same boat, but I've gotten some advice that I could pass on. If you can get your parent's to agree to get one for 'cosplay' reasons, you can get away with wearing it around the house if you wear a sweatshirt. I tried that today, and nobody noticed, nor did they comment. Course, I was using ace wraps instead of a binder (don't try that, I don't think it's safe) but I don't think it would make too much of a difference.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, don't use ace bandages.. they are really unsafe. Every time that you breathe, they tighten more. So, they are a horrible thing to use for long term binding. Now, if you're just doing it for a little bit, then you can get by with them. They are uncomfortable though and it's impossible to do any strenuous work in them.

It took people a good 3-4 months to realize that I was binding. I doubt that your parents would notice if they came home and you were wearing it. I also got by for a while with my parents by calling it a special sports bra.

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, actually, I just decided to go for it one day, and they never seemed to notice.

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    The cosplay idea sounds good. :slight_smile:

6. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess I was worrying for nothing! Thank you everyone. I'll start off with a sweater, and if they don't notice, I might try my normal clothing. And I like the sports bra idea. I might use that too, just in case! Thanks, again!