1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm transgender, help please!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ArcticPixie, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well here I go, I'm so nervous...

So I'm 19 and i've been experiencing what I suspect is gender diasphoria for quite a while (since I was 14), and have only recently done the research into why im feeling the way I do, feelings of which have been getting stronger since the beginning of last year.

I've always been "one of the girls" when it comes to a lot of things, having been labelled a "lesbian stuck in a guys body" in my second last year of highschool, a label I gladly accepted, but now feel is not enough. Ive always found i felt female, despite playing rugby and other masculine sports for 13 years, playing such aports just didnt feel...right...not to mention my WHOLE team thought I was gay because of the way I "held myself", which after asking my bestfriend if it was true she simply answered "you act really girly, if that is what u mean". I've always had a fondness for female clothing, though ive been too nervous and self-conscious to buy, let alone wear, any such items, with the only girls clothing (I should be saying accesories) I wear in public being a heart pendent bracelet and a purple butterfly necklace, things I can hide shuld I run into people I know (clearly i havent come out yet). The joy I felt helping my female friends choose formal (prom) dresses kinda made me feel left out, almost depressed.

I've been reading up on some advice you guys have given other people, such as going onto other forums and basically acting the gender u know u r, and the fact is I've been doing exactly that since I was 14, started with online gaming and has now progressed to Social Media (everything but Facebook). It just feels right to be treated and talked to like im a girl, it makes me...happy...something I dont feel when i'm treated like a guy.

I guess Im just not sure whether this makes me transgender or just a really feminine guy, the reason behind my doubt is the fact people say that they had these strong feelings when they went through puberty and i'm only starting to feel them now.

I know this is a decision I should make myself, though I would really like some input from people who have felt what I think im feeling.

Thanks in advance for your time!
    --Pixie--

P.S. Sorry for any grammatical errors, I typed this up on my phone :slight_smile:.

2. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Please delete this...I double threaded due to my phone playing up.