1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Gay Conference for First time

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mrcake, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Mrcake

Hey everyone. I'm posting this because I'll be going to an LGBT conference for the first time next month and I can't wait. I'll be going with my local GSA group, and we're all traveling via bus. I was wondering if anyone else, who is freshly out of the closet (6 months or so) has been to one of these, and what was the most interesting part of it? What did you learn and what did you find interesting about going there. For me, I plan to learn more about sexuality, and the different types. I plan to take in all the knowledge I can in order to be knowledgeable about other types of sexualities.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't even know what an LGBT conference would actually be for, but it sounds interesting, let us know how it goes!

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea, what goes on at one? Gay issues discussions? Support? Is it like a larger scale GSA meeting?

4. Mrcake

Basically what I've heard is a big conference.. Like a normal conference, there will be speakers, classes, and other informational things about LGBTQA stuff. Apparently there will be some famous speakers. The amazing part is it's free due to GSA funds, so I'm going there for free! I'll have to pay for food, but that's it - the hotel, transportation, and ticket is covered... that's like almost $300 of free things.

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, that sounds really good. You'll have to tell us all the stories. :slight_smile: