1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my wife is PISSED OFF!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miss Emma, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

AMy wife and I are trying to figure out how to deal with all this Trans stuff. She suggested riding it out for a year and seeing where it goes. We had been talking prior to this issue of meas a lesbian, but it's understandably upsetting. So we don't talk about it much. Just do things. She's trying to adjust, but I found tonight that she's angry and upset about the ring.

I didn't think it made a lot of difference because she's not wearing her present ring anyway plus she still doesn't think transition is necessary but a choice of me over her and the kids. But as I've come to mention frequently, if you can't be true to yourself, no one else will be either.

She left. Angry. Hurt. She stormed out and I was in tears. Hurt. worried. Wondering her next move, hoping she'll calm down and talk. Like adults. She consciously says she understands it's a need. But to mention it causes her to be recluse. So we were shopping for coats while they were on sale tonight. She told me to go and look and she'd stay (in the misses) and look. I took it as she wouldn't hear of me in a misses, and trying to oblige, I went to men's. Nothing. Plus it's all big on me ... Misses small to medium fit great! Runaround. Find nothing. Telling her to get hers, I decide to tell her i wanted one like it. She's pissed. Not giving her any credit. She's been telling me I'm selfish so I felt I was. After all I'm going to feminize and she's got to adjust. Or decide she cannot. I wouldn't blame her either way. But knowing something might leave a bad taste in your mouth (knowing I'm Trans here and what I have to do to hall this dysphoria).But not knowing what to do is harder (knowing that she may leave with the kids, transition or not, because of the dysphoria and depression it's causing). I'm not sure what to do about it. Lose my family out lose myself. I can't be the "man" she married.:eusa_liar

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2014 at 06:45 PM ----------

Oops damn Android Swype keypad!

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Please don't try to be a "man" for her. As someone who's tried going back from being trans, it really does only make things worse.

She is upset, there isn't a way around that. She is in a tough spot admittedly, and being thrown out of her comfort zone. Remember the five stages of grief? It's sort of like that.

Kübler-Ross model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe someone has posted this link before, but it stands true. She's angry.

3. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Fair enough. I've actually tried the "going back" thing too already. Think it has made it worse like you said.

4. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i can't offer much advice, but good luck and we're here for you! HUG!

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to hear that things are going bad for you!!

Unfortunately, you're doing the right things and your wife is still very much in shock so it really doesn't make much difference, if she ever gets over it you might be lucky enough to see her realise you actually did a bloody good job of this whole situation...

6. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Thank you all for understanding.

7. Just Jess

Big (*hug*)

All you really can do is tell yourself, "feeling guilty won't make things better". Neither of you asked for this. I know it's very hard, but you can't fight anger with anger. The only thing that works is love and space.

And believe me I know how much this sucks, and I am no saint. You should see some of my posts from a year ago when I first joined. No one is equipped to deal with this really.

I know shopping alone is scary, there's none of that safety in numbers, but it might help if you can manage to do this some time. The worst thing that can happen, is you are in the same aisle with teenage girls who will think it's funny you are shopping for make-up. But that is a lot easier to deal with than you think. Otherwise, most people truly do not care.

And then that would diffuse things with you and her.

And if you are looking through the clothes, and that "I should not be here" feeling crops up, just wear your ring. Presto. Now you're shopping for your wife. That feeling gets easier and easier to get past the more you confront it.

8. AlexisAnne

Gender transition is extremely hard on pre existing relationships. It, more than almost anything I can think of, really puts a relationship to the test. Do not be hard on yourself. There is literally no scenario where she would have taken this any better. Hopefully, given time she'll come around and start to adjust. Charlie brought up the stages of grief and that's exactly what's happening here.

People will tell you that you're being selfish, choosing yourself over others and, maybe that's true in a way. Gender transition is about you. I have this belief that if a cis person could experience what we do, just for a day they would grasp why we choose to do this. Unfortunately they can't and so they're at a loss. Thus they assume it's a "want" and not a "need."

I sincerely hope that given time your wife comes around Emma, and I have seen couples work through this and come out the other side together, so there is reason to be hopeful in your case. Right now the only thing that's going to help is time.

Thinking about you and your family though and hoping you guys can pull through this!

9. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I thank you all for your support and thought. I'm sorry if I seem selfish and shameless in my postings. You have no idea how much it means to me!

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I'm sorry if I seem selfish and shameless in my postings"

If we have to start apologising for potentially sounding selfish and shameless in our posts here we are ALL screwed! :grin:

11. AlexisAnne

This!

We're a support group here! This is the one place you don't have to apologize. (*hug*)

No need to apologize sweetie :slight_smile:

12. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Thank you all! :slight_smile:

13. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

My wife is telling me that I should use my therapist as a marriage counselor now. I think that would be messy. She told me that she didn't give a f#&k about what my former psych said about needing to love myself before I can show love to others, that's his opinion. But his opinion mattered when he said that she's done all she can be expected to do. Wha??

14. DhammaGamer

Hon, I've witnessed your situation enough times with enough women that I can say with at least some level of confidence that your relationship with your wife is not going to survive your transition. It may take a long time for you and for her to come to terms with that truth, but the fact is that your wife is not a lesbian. She wanted to marry a man not a woman, and if you love and respect her, I think you should consider the best way of coping with your relationship's inevitable collapse.

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    " I should use my therapist as a marriage counselor now"

I'm glad you think that would be messy, because I think that sounds like a disaster...

16. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

It's true. I've told her that it's a mixed orientation marriage. I'm lesbian, she's never considered being with a woman, let alone marry one. I'm just trying to be as amicable as possible and not let her use "divorce" as a weapon or as anoffensive term. Thank you all again.

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2014 at 02:00 PM ----------

Can't blame a girl for trying to be amicable, can you? Btw .. My former doc said it'd be messy for him to counsel both of us.

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be a massive conflict of interest given what he has already done with you.

18. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Your therapist & marriage counselor need to be different. Your therapist should tell you that. Ask for a referral for a marriage counselor if your wife wants to do couples therapy.

19. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

She is also seeing a therapist and was told that it's not ethical to have a third.hers is a suicide therapist SOOOOO we can't see hers. Not together. She's been told she's done all she can do by hers.

20. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well she has, I mean she's got angry, she's made threats, what else IS there to do...