1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about dating as a pre-everything mtf trans person

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Monika the Diva, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

So today I was talking to one of my really good friends. She told me just to keep on dating. I thought to myself nah ill just date after my transition. But she told a story and a lightbulb went off in my head.

Why don't I Join a trans dating website and just date as a pre-everything trans. I would go out on dates strictly as female. Of course I would bring a can of pepper spray.

At this point I would date whatever sex that will ask me out.

Any thoughts?

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds reasonable to me, but I have no experience in the matter. :slight_smile:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought of doing something similar but obviously those type of sites only seem to attract other trans people (yay!) and sex fiends (not yay!).

I'm tempted to do it anyway...I will if you will! :grin:

4. Monika the Diva

I am definitely leaning towards doing this. I wanted to do something different since my normal dating situation just sucks a dick. I'm curious to see if someone will ask me out based on the pictures I posted of myself in my female form.

#4 Monika the Diva, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they don't I'll be amazed frankly.

6. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd be surprised too. You look very nice as a girl. If I was a woman, I'd ask you out.

7. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I'm pre everything s well.I'm facing a divorce and, living in NE, it's gonna be hard to find a girlfriend I presume. Probably gonna relocate, but I've got 4 kids with a straight-as-an-arrow ciswoman.

8. Monika the Diva

Later today I will post another picture in my album from my latest girly girl outing. I will have it up by 1230pm. I think ill use that picture for my profile.

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel so girly...I read that and my first thought was I wonder what she's wearing! :3

10. anonym

anonym Guest

You look great!

11. Monika the Diva

Thank you! I just posted my latest picture. I am wearing red hair with bangs. This will be the picture for my profile.

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

Well I was wearing a purple plaid skirt. With a black tube top and I wore back high heel shoes and I was also wearing some jewelry. I also wore a cardigan but I took it off by the time I took this picture.

12. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you look like that and you can't get a date then none of us ever will.

13. Just Jess

I was just going to try my luck on ordinary "for everyone" dating sites, just "gay female" in my description, and then when it has the "tell us about yourself" block then I'll throw in there that I'm MtF. That way my being trans isn't a search criteria but it is something I'm being open up so there's no surprises.

I mean I have had straight dudes try to chat me up a few times even then and I'm always nice about it (even when they're jerks) but it's a lot less often this way. Some people as long as the word "female" is there, you could tell them you were actually making the site for your pet alligator or something and tell the world your name is "chompy" and some people would still try their luck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Monika the Diva

Well I won't know until I try. :grin:
    Holly, the craziest thing about me is I am not even on hormones and I'm 33. I went to a transgender meeting and there were plenty of people there. I went in dressed the way in the latest in picture. Now in was so happy when the others were trying to guess my age. They thought I was 23. That made my night because I'm like nope I'm 33. I shocked everyone who heard me.

Later that night I hung out with my cousin and his girlfriend. His girlfriend told me i was glowing. I in fact I snagged the writer's attention. Even though it was flattering I wasnt interested. :grin:

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm dead jealous! I wish I looked that good ;D Maybe when my hair grows back!

16. Monika the Diva

What did you do? Did u get a haircut? I have a homework assignment for you Holly. I've seen your female pics in your profile. I want to you in the most girly thing u can sport. But I want to see what u would look like with make up. Because I wouldn't be caught dead without make up. The only advice I will give regarding the make up is.

1. Shave your face and do not leave any hair on your face what so ever. Buy a concealer that you can use to hide the blue or black coloring of the beard hair. Mine is blue so I used a yellow concealer.
    2. Use a liquid or a solid foundation that matches your skin tone. I suggest using loose powder over the solid powder.

3. Do the eye and face make up based on the outfit your wearing.

Here's what sets me apart from a drag queen. I hope u notice this with my pictures. My make-up is VERY subtle. I don't go too crazy with it. I try my best to look like a WOMAN. Not a female impersonator which is like what a drag queen is.

You can look as pretty as me you just need to take your time. God I wish I lived near you so I could do your make up. But anyway. Are you up for the challenge Holly?

#16 Monika the Diva, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haircut? No, my hair has been short for over a year...I made the mistake of letting them cut it off to raise money for a school...the nice long hair pic I have is a wig!

I'll have a go with some make-up, I really REALLY suck at it xD Last time I tried I ended up looking suspiciously like Tim Curry in drag...and not in a good way! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As for setting you apart from a drag queen, if you showed me any of those pictures and hadn't told me beforehand I would have never in a million years have thought you were anything other than cis-female.

I'll take that challenge! Might take a while though, got to buy some make-up with my xmas money :grin:

18. Monika the Diva

I always wonder what cis-female meant?

19. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    cis = not trans

20. Monika the Diva

Ah I see. But yeah, with the last time I got dressed up I love that wig a lot. So that's the style I want to sport for 2014. I'm going to order 3 more of those wigs.