1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some ways of feeling confident with your new gender identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Jan 14, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I have come to the conclusion that I need to start taking control of my life.

What I need is to find confidence in myself as a guy so that I can go look for a job, meet new people and move away from my parents who make me feel guilty for being trans.

How do I start to feel better about myself as a pre-everything, unconvincing looking trans guy?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can start by stop calling yourself an "unconvincing looking trans guy" and start calling yourself (if you must be negative - I know I am!) a vaguely femmenine guy. You'll quite often here me call myself a butt-ugly girl, because I'd rather think of myself as an unattractive girl than a guy who doesn't pass properly!

You can start looking at these feelings of guilt, and remind yourself that you don't owe your parents anything. Yeah they raised you and currently support you (or at least you live in their house) but do you owe them anything? Heck no. The most anyone can say you OWE your parents is to get the most out of your existence, and you are trying to do that.

Also one thing that I know has helped me, although it would have been really difficult if I hadn't had somewhere to meet her, was to spend time with someone who has only ever known me as a girl. Someone who has no reason to mess up my name or pronouns because that's all they've ever known me as, and it's helped my confidence a lot. If you happen to find yourself in a place with people and can get into conversation with one, do it, but be that guy when you talk to them, not the unpassable trans guy!

3. anonym

anonym Guest

Yeah I really want to meet new people but I'm scared of getting rejected by the people I already know ie. my family. If my family reject me what chance have I got? I just want to be treated as a normal person because in the end of the days that's all we are! Yet people think so badly of us :frowning2: