1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swimming

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't decide if I should put this here or in general, but I figured since the problem is related to trans stuff here would do...

Anyway, swimming. I love swimming, always have. I want to get swimming again.

BUT.

Obviously I'm not exactly designed for womens costumes, and I just...I just can't get into the pool wearing mens trunks...I can get away with it for now but the idea feels wrong. Not to mention I might not be able to get away with it once I get on hormones if I'm lucky enough to get any decent breast growth!

If I can eventually find a costume that fits, then I can deal with the fact that it won't quite fit properly, but my big problem is downstairs. Obviously walking around with a bulge in my costume is going to look really weird, and since it's a lot of physical activity it increases the chances of a clothing malfunction. I really don't want to start exposing myself!

I considered wearing guys trunks over a costume, or perhaps buying some girls swimming shorts with a nice pattern...but I'm still worried about it I guess.

Also while I'm thinking about it, and this is more cosmetic than anything else, but is there any way you can modify a swimsuit to have some breasts? I don't want to be completely flat all of a sudden when I go to the pool! Is this a thing or have I just let fantasies from manga get away with me?

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
  3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That looks promising...! Thanks paris...

Maaan why can't I look like that! :tears:

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...I don't have the body to pull off half of what they are talking about...not yet...one day maybe!

6. Nick07

I believe there are swimsuits with a short skirt. About breasts, I am not sure. It may sound weird, but you could google forums for women after a mastectomy. They could have some clever tips.
    Also, you can go swiming with a sarong on (if we are talking about a beach).
    Or you can rent a swimming pool. I have no idea if it is possible where you live, but here we have companies that run small indoor swimming pools for infants and little babies. You can rent it for small money on weekends. Just for yourself/friends/family. They charge per hour.

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2014 at 04:07 PM ----------

Are you trying to tell me that she is mtf? :eek::eek::eek:

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beach? ahahaha I've got a looong way to go before you'll catch me at the beach :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Unfortunately, renting a pool wouldn't be anywhere near cost effective for me (I can barely afford the normal admission!) so that's out!

Didn't think about the mastectomy thing, I'll have a look!!

______
    Stunning isn't she! I'd be a lot happier if I thought one day I might look that good...

8. Ash93

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know anything about tops but I've heard that there are these little shorts you can wear over your bottoms for a bikini and they are actually made to swim in.

9. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Good video! Nice looking gal! I'm wondering about the voice more a I'm not any better trying to swim than a brick!:grin: But it's certainly a good trick for my skinny jeans!

10. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually have no idea. :/

11. StarBoi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Some women's swimsuits have built in padding, with a slit inside to adjust it when it gets messed up in the washer, where you could try to fit in those silicon bra inserts they make for A cup women to push up their breasts. :slight_smile: maybe that helps??

#11 StarBoi, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey. I dunno if this helps but I'm speaking here as someone who's never gotten to wear trunks, but enough experience with the other side. Anyway. Consider skirts with the suit. I'd gotten a pair like it, since it not only gave me some length to the suit (but still too short for what I want) but might help solve the problem of the bulge. I mean, obviously we're not coming from the same side but something like a skirt seems like it'd hide everything that needs to be hid but still look feminine enough to work (and believe me, I know feminine...)

13. Just Jess

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yaaaaay! I actually found and bought a costume and it fits! Bought some girly spotted swimshorts to avoid a clothing malfunction! I can swim again!!

15. Nick07

Good for you, Holly! :slight_smile: You made me smile :slight_smile:

16. apostrophied

Cool! Btw don't worry about becoming flat when you put on your suit, I have boobs, but I'm pretty darn flat when I wear a swimsuit. Them things are tiiiiight!

17. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done Holly. :slight_smile:

18. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Ok, because of my job im around swimmers all day. Whatever u do DO NOT try and modify a bikini top, just dont, unless u know wat u know doing wat u're doing of course.

In my opinion go with a one piece suit, with a swim shirt over the top :slight_smile:. Also boardshorts r a lot more common then you'd think.

19. Monika the Diva

Holly, I will say again and again girl you gotta learn how to tuck. This is one page that might help. Ill look for one in more detail.
    m.wikihow.com/Tuck-and-Tape

20. Echoing

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't agree. Wearing some control briefs (even two pairs) will flatten out everything fine. I did this for a couple of years until I had surgery and never had any issues.
    I can't imagine 'tucking' being even remotely good for you.