1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long did it take to get "the letter"?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bluerain, Jan 15, 2014.

1. bluerain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey y'all. I was just curious as to other people's timelines in regards to getting a letter from your therapist stating you could start hrt. Do you feel like it takes a long while or that it's a fast and simple process?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not that far yet, but if the rest of the process is anything to go by, I'm expecting it to take a long while :frowning2:

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Took me initially around three months (one session per week/12-13 sessions total) before I got my letter.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been stuck with people who'd push pills on me if I had a bad week. I've been stuck in the system since I was 17 and I haven't seen shit yet. But I'm hoping if I get in with this one I heard about, I'll be close to seeing something by next month or March.

5. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    after months of ringing the only place in Ireland that can put me on the waiting list to see a psychiatrist that after a few months will send me to another psychiatrist who may or may not send me on to a third psychiatrist that is the only one in Ireland that can diagnosis GID, I'm finally on the list and was told I'll be waiting up to a year to get an appointment with the first psychiatrist so unless I win the lottery I could be waiting years, I wish I was in America or somewhere it would be so much easier, what country are you in?

6. loserboyWonder

its described by professionals as being "a 3-6 month process," but i've had friends who waited for years. it's hard to say ! :frowning2:

7. AlexisAnne

It was three months for me.