1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The word "beautiful".

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CharlieHK, Jan 17, 2014.

1. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Or any adjective for that matter that one might use to describe the physical characteristics of a female.

When I first started dating Kelsey with her being female, and me male (About 7 months into our relationship). Words like "beautiful" didn't slide off the tongue with ease. Even in texting, it was a foreign word for me to be saying to someone who I had previously believed to be male. And with her calling me "handsome", I didn't take it with ease.

I don't know if that was because I grew up in a household where female characteristics are beautiful, and masculine features are handsome....or I just had an adjustment period.

But things like today...I used to find females attractive (bio females). But now they're just girls...that are lucky enough to have a vagina between their legs and don't have to shave their faces.

I guess that's what being trans* (well discovering I am) changed. It changes perspectives.

I was wondering if anything similar has happened to any one on here. Where you sort of start redefining a word.

Because now, the first thing I think about when i hear the word "beautiful" is Kelsey.

2. Seagypsy

The androgynous people I fancy can be handsome women or beautiful men... ;-)

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing like that I've found is that I can actually describe people now. I never used terms like beautiful or handsome or pretty before and now I find myself using them often!

4. Techno Kid

Well I don't like people calling me handsome anymore, but it used to be completely normal to me (back when I thought I was male). Now I much prefer to be called cute or pretty! ^_^

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Now I much prefer to be called cute or pretty! ^_^"

It really is much better. I remember the first time my mum said I looked cute and I could have died of happiness!

6. Techno Kid

Awwwwwww! :eusa_danc Wish my mom would do that! Least I don't get handsome anymore! hehe :smilewave

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a cis male and I wouldn't object to being called beautiful at all, and I use it to describe other cis guys.