1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Guiltgo, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Guiltgo

Hello there, I was born biologically female and have pretty much identified with that all my life. I've always been very tomboyish in the past but now I'm starting to think its more than that. I want to not only dress like a guy, but be one I think. I love the idea of shopping in the men's section, cutting my hair, being referred to as a guy, and all of it honestly. I'm just not sure if this is really who I am though.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keeping it simple, you need to take more time to think this out. It seems to me like you said you are unsure. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be a male, just make sure you aren't rushing into things. Some people know right away they feel the opposite gender or are just different. But take your time, things like this don't always come right away.

3. suninthesky

Do what makes you feel good inside. You'll know if something feels wrong. Just be yourself and you'll find yourself.

4. earthlvr510

Dont be afraid to take your time. A lot of people I know, myself included, felt pressure to transition right away and to have to "know" right away. Me im one of those people who REALY thinks things through and its taken me two years now to be comfortable with my identity. Dont let anyone rush you or try to decide anything for you. Only you can decide how you identify and it can take a while to figure that out. As suninthesky said, do what feels good inside, and just remember you'll figure it out eventually!

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, you're gonna need to take time and really look at yourself! (Which can be tough!)
    Hopefully you figure it all out soon. :slight_smile: