1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing suggestions?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jinkies, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So tomorrow, I'm gonna head out and grab some female clothes so I can do more crossdressing (if you can call it that). I'm not to far from Boystown, so I'm gonna head over that direction and get some things for private use and regular, everyday(ish) use.

So before I go out, simply, does anybody have suggestions on what to grab as well as what not to grab?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends what you want to look like I guess...

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You into girly or androgynous?

I personally like sporty dresses by like Athleta or Columbia. But then I like skinny jeans and hipster graphics tee shirts with wedge sneakers or converses.

Help me figure your tastes.

From your pictures you'd look good in a similar outfit to what I have on in my profile picture.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more of a geeky kind of person and I don't really like to dress up too much unless it's absolutely necessary. I mostly wear graphic tees and jeans because it's easy to put on and it's comfy. I'm doing this partially so I can do something similar but so I'm not entirely restricted in male clothing (but not in a social regard), if that makes sense.

I'm fine with girly or androgynous (which I suppose makes me genderfluid in this respect), but nevertheless, I'm up for anything that's not insanely expensive or takes a ton of time to put on. I mean I'll wear dresses, fine. I've tried them on. But things like insanely intricate Victorian dresses aren't where I'm planning.

By the way, this also includes undergarments.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the dresses I wear are simple one pieces and are slimming and very plain. Look at my profile pic and see what you think.

Skinny jeans and iron fist Alice wants revenge t and although you can't see it, knee high striped socks and knee high converse sneakers.

Definitely all female clothes in that pic.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find as far as underwear goes, boyshorts tend to cause you to hang out if you move around too much, so I prefer other cuts. Even thongs work if you get the ones with the decent front instead of those triangles with string!

7. Monika the Diva

Actually boy shorts may work if she tucks well enough with some tape.

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's true, I just don't like tucking :grin: or taping!

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm liking the boyshorts idea. I'll also grab a set of thongs (like you described). I think the ones you said not to get are G-straps, if I'm correct. I suppose the kind of dresses I'd go with are ones that are similar to Kasey's minus the huge bow.

Any other suggestions? Skirts?

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would recommend skirts to everyone forever because they are the best! Without question! Get a cheap denim one and it goes with basically everything ;D

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahah no, those are my cosplay outfit. The one with the purple tie dye shirt I was mentioning... But yes that is a fun school uniform that the characters from p3 (Persona 3). You have good taste.

Skirts are fun and usually don't draw as much attention nowadays. Unless it's a big frilly one. I personally prefer A line knee length or skorts, denim or khaki usually.

#11 Kasey, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to ask (which would be answered by me wearing one anyway), are skirts comfy? I'm simply curious.

I'll definitely check out skorts. Thanks for the suggestion on that.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Skirts were clothing of males in centuries past. Also, why skirts aren't more worn from an anatomical perspective for males is perplexing.

I do wear skirts a lot in the summer for obvious reasons (maybe not so obvious if you don't know my actual sex).

14. DragonQueen

I absolutely adore wearing skirts. It's always an essential part of my wardrobe. :slight_smile: I'm more into crinkle skirts and longer skirts, but I always feel like you can't go wrong with a longer skirt, especially when I haven't shaved my legs recently.

I prefer skirts that are in this sort of style:
    [​IMG]

Casual and feminine, and easy to put on. A crinkle skirt coupled with a camisole is a great look. I also tend to wear sports bras since they're pretty form-fitting and they can hold my breastforms in place. :slight_smile:

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I have to ask (which would be answered by me wearing one anyway), are skirts comfy? I'm simply curious."

Oh heck yes they are. I mean they aren't without their problems, I mean sitting in a short skirt certainly isn't comfy until you get used to sitting in a way that doesn't leave you completely exposed...personally, if I have the choice (and I do?) I never want to wear trousers again. There will be exceptions made for when trousers simply are the more practical option but if I can get away with it I will always wear a skirt. Always.

EDIT: Word of warning about those skirts; They are super wonderful and I love them to bits BUT if it's too long and it gets caught under your feet they rip REALLY easily!

16. KiddlesP

You must wear all the clothes! Everything you find, find a way to strap to your body, only then will your shopping be complete!

But on a less playful note, try to find colours that go with your skin/eyes/hair, and I would say go more for comfort than for looks. Try on everything that catches your eye and slowly work up in your mind what kind of styles are for you.

I am sure you will be beautiful in whatever you choose!

17. DragonQueen

That's how I feel about skirts too. They're absolutely wonderful and I love how they don't restrict movement at all.

Yes, the ripping is important to take into account. x.x I'm just really tall so I've never had to worry about that, but I know it can be a problem with shorter people. I just suggested the longer skirts because that way you don't have to worry about your legs spreading too far apart or showing anything, and they're less likely to blow up in the wind and show off your panties.

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Longer skirts are amazing if you have the right size or wear heels or something with them so you don't step on them... Like jeans as well. Hate that.

19. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "less likely to blow up in the wind and show off your panties."

I'm not going to lie there is a certain perverse satisfaction when this happens...

Oh and if you can get hold of one, buy a bra, if for no other reason than you can stuff things in it and you look less man-shaped - that was basically my friends opinion when he first saw me dressed. You look man-shaped. NICE.

20. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "less likely to blow up in the wind and show off your panties."

I'm not going to lie there is a certain perverse satisfaction when this happens...

Oh and if you can get hold of one, buy a bra, if for no other reason than you can stuff things in it and you look less man-shaped - that was basically my friends opinion when he first saw me dressed. You look man-shaped. NICE.