1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change in clothing?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by theBiword, Jan 20, 2014.

1. theBiword

Hello. I feel like ever since I came out and am now with a woman, I have started to change the way I dress. Now, I sometimes dress more androgynous than I have recently. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I've seen some woman go from androgynous/more masculine when they come out, back to girly. Does this really happen? Does it depend on who you're with?? I'm just confused. :frowning2: :slight_smile:

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't entirely relate but I know that the way I dress changes based on who I am with and how I am feeling. If I'm feeling super proud I might wear skinny jeans more and bright clothing, and if I'm with people that I'm more conscious around I'll wear straight jeans and tennis shoes.

Also, I changed the way I dressed when I first started dating my bf. I started buying new types of clothes, new types of shoes.
    Who you're with really does have an effect on you. :slight_smile: Totally normal.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    110% true this statement.

4. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    above statement is true I feel also , I am male but present female, depenidng on who I am with or the crowd that I will be hanging out, i will dress either more fem or if i have to fem but on the androgynous side. I prefer to dress and present completely as a woman but there are times (espeicailly with some family where I have to tone it down

5. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Yeah. I love my misses wear, and wear it regularly. But I feel I have to tone it down at work. However being outed at work, I'm incorporating more of it there, too. It's getting easier there ... Like i said, being outed (and having it blown WAYYYY out of proportion actually helped in this respect!

Good luck and all the best in your gender journey.

6. musicrebel

Yes it happened to me last year. I was having a really tough time finding my identity, so I started experimenting with my clothes. I was out as a lesbian, so I first started off as dressing butch, but then I went through this punk-phase in the summer and my style was equivalent to Joan Jett's style. When my junior year of high school started, I started dressing uber girly. And then I realized I was genderqueer and identified as more masculine, so I dressed more masculine and that's how I currently dress. Once you find yourself, you feel at least 95% comfortable with your style.