1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't tell what my gender identity is

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Port, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Port

Growing up, I never had any problems as being a boy. I was happy and accepting of that. Around the age of 12, I started to feel different. I started to feel disgust and sometimes cry when I looked at my genitals. I've started to feel enormous stress whenever I look at members of the opposite sex, wishing I was born female. Just the thought of growing breasts, having long hair, a feminine body, and a higher voice makes me so feel so relaxed. I can't stand having a penis, I feel like it always gets in the way and causes much stress. I also can't stand my body hair and facial hair and I already shave it all off. Sometimes I even cry over my birthsex My question is: Am I transgendered, or do I just really hate being a guy?

#1 Port, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you genuinely feel that way you don't sound gender queer or genderfluid to me but more like a full on transgender with the desire to transition.

I think of myself under the transgender umbrella but I don't want to necessarily transition. You seem like you want confirmation from others though which sounds to me like you definitely fit in the transgender umbrella probably leaning towards being a full on transsexual.

3. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not really one to give advice here, but taking from what people say in every other thread like this, I'll ask you this:
    Do you see yourself in the future as male or female? Or neither?
    What do you think it means to be a man or a woman?
    If you could present yourself however you wanted, and nobody would question it, how would you present yourself?
    You're answers should probably show what you're wondering.
    Hope that all helps.:slight_smile:

4. Monika the Diva

I know exactly how you feel except I didnt start expressing it until my mid-20's and actually didnt start doing anything about until I was 32-33.

By the way, do you identify yourself as female like I do? Have you dressed like a woman and looked in the mirror and you were captivated by your female image? Do you feel more natural and at ease dressed like a woman?

These are some of the questions that will help figure out if these feelings are true.

Please let me know, I really want to know so I can provide deeper insight and suggestions.

I say this because I consider myself and Identify as a transgender female.

#4 Monika the Diva, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "My question is: Am I transgendered, or do I just really hate being a guy?"

Allow me to ask a slightly different question. If you hate being a guy, what do you WANT to be?

6. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Thus fast, I'm right there with Kasey. I'm internally much more female but I'm not sure yet whether I'm wanting/needing to transition. But you're certainly sounding more like a full-on transsexual. My advice is to seek out a therapist and they should be able to help ya figure it out. drbeckys.com (i think it was ... )Should be able to point you towards someone.

7. Echoing

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    In my opinion (which is far from expert), you sound like a trans woman.
    Talk to a gender therapist about this and see if transition is right for you.

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, sounds like you could be a transwoman, but no-one here can tell you that. That's down to you. :slight_smile:

But yeah, if it's possible, try and talk to a therapist. :slight_smile: