1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid and.... Straight? Lesbian? What?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by destined, Jan 24, 2014.

1. destined

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. I am genderfluid faab. I like girls. I do not like boys. Does that make me a lesbian or straight or something entirely different? I'm not pan or bi because I do not experience any attraction to males at all. So how would I define myself?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would really be up to you I suppose...I mean if you're fluid (and I assume when you say fluid you mean 'one day I might feel more female another day I might feel more male) then I guess you could be straight or gay depending on the day?

Really it doesn't make a huge amount of difference what label you give yourself, but I would have thought it might feel a bit strange on a day you feel more male to call yourself lesbian. But I'm not fluid so I'm not really sure.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Gynesexual? Meaning you like women. :slight_smile:

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

This.

About me, gynesexual means I like girls and femininity in general. I use this word because I am genderqueer, and I can't define myself as lesbian (I don't feel like a woman) and neither as straight (because I wasn't born as male).

In fact, this word says only what I like and not who I am :icon_wink

#4 FireSmoke, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  5. A Real Male

Gynesexual is the most accurate term for your situation, as I myself have struggled the same.

You are also a straight man and a lesbian woman. But that's a mouthful, so yes. Gynesexual it is.