1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you call this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Estival, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alright, so I'm a kind of bridesmaid for my friend's quinceneara and I have to wear makeup, a dress, finger-nail polish - everything. The makeup I'm not as disconcerted about, probably because I do theater occasionally and everyone wears makeup on stage. The dress...I'll live. It makes me uncomfortable, but I've been bearing with it my whole life. But the finger-nail polish just seems wrong. I hate it. My hands don't look like they belong to me anymore - they're too feminine. I never wear it; this is probably the first time in ten years.

What would you call this? Is it just a dislike of feminine things or some kind of dysphoria? Do androgynes commonly have this kind of thing? Thanks. :slight_smile:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you just don't like real girly-girl stuff which makes a lot of sense if you think about it...I mean there's nothing that quite screws with your androgyne nature like being stuck as a girly-girl for a day!

EDIT: I guess it would be a sort of dysphoria wouldn't it...if it's making you feel like your hands don't belong to you anymore!

3. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! I'll tentatively label it as a "swinging too far towards the feminine" kind of thing. :slight_smile: