1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Warline, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Warline

I've discovered that I am a transsexual but how do icome out to my parents help me please(&&&)

2. katwat

Do you have a good relationship with your parents? Are they generally supportive of you? Can you talk to them easily about other things? Are they fairly open minded about LGBT people in general?

If all those are yeses then when you are ready maybe treat it like any other serious discussion you have ever had with them. Are they easier to approach together or singly? If it is easier for you to talk with one parent then maybe get that parent alone. If they are easy to talk to together then plan for the three of you to have private uninterrupted time to talk. Just tell them that you love them and want to tell them something important. If it seems too hard for you speaking to them face to face maybe write what you need to say and let them read it?

If it is difficult for you to talk to your parents about other issues and/or you feel they will be unreceptive or unsupportive I will leave you in the hands of people with more experience in those areas than me.

Whatever you do and however you do it I wish you luck and all the love and support that you deserve.

3. Warline