1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness and trying to look feminine

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ArcticPixie, Jan 25, 2014.

1. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well I don't know if i've said this before but im not exactly the smallest person. I have pretty noticeably muscular build that even after a year of not going to gym people still ask me if I "gym it up", which didnt help my confidence at all.

But despite this I'm back at the gym! This time focusing on slimming down rather then building up them muscles!

I read somewhere online about a "feminization routine". Basically im doing a lot of cardio (running, walking etc), and working to tone the lower half of my body while I completely neglect my upper half.

I know this won't make me look female, but it's only been 2 months and i can already tell my legs have slimmed down (making them look more feminine) and arms, as well as rounding out my butt, all of which has made me a lot happier! :grin:.

What do you guys think of this? What did you do physically before you went on hormones? I know im gnna have to be real careful not to build too much muscle.

#1 ArcticPixie, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the idea a lot more than I like doing it...if I'm honest I cannot be bothered to do anything special to make me a more feminine shape...I have arms and legs like small trees for reasons I can't understand and I don't see it changing any time soon ;D

All I plan on doing is starting swimming again, if for no other reason than to lose a bit of weight. There's not much point in me doing too much since my damned shoulders are so wide, combined with my height, I'm going to look top heavy anyway...

3. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    That's my problem to! Those damnable shoulders! Don't even get me started on height :|. I've always had feminine shaped legs so i'm trying to emphasise and work on making them more feminine.

Swimming is great for losing weight. My advice is do the breaststroke and do a lot of it!

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's the plan! I have to avoid anything with weights now which sucks xD

5. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Haha just be careful, get a kickboard and focus on not slow down your kicking, the result will be your upper body being worked :O.

Y no weights? I do extremely light weight training, helps with the fat burning!

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because I can't DO light weight training...I get bored too quick. BIG weights I can do...but my arms already don't fit most of my tops xD Do all girls have such twiggy little arms damn it xD

7. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thats y u do them quickly! Im talking 35 rep sets, rest for 30 seconds, start again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Just think of the end result!

I cant find any gym clothes either! Well, that fit both my arms and chest :/. There's a body builder woman who's a regular at my gym...so my answer would be no, not aall girls have twiggy arms xD haha.

8. justjade

Yoga is good for building lean muscle, which I would recommend. It can also make you more flexible. In feminizing, it's important to slim down since bulking up, which is what I'm trying to do, will make you look more masculine. I love weight training and cardio. It feels so good! (!)

Also, another thing that can help you look more feminine is working on your butt. If you can tone up your butt (if it's not already toned), it can give you a nice curve in the profile view.

9. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for the tips!

I already do stretches quite a bit, since I read that helps a lot.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cardio cuts fat and slims the waist while improving health. You don't want to do a lot of tri and biceps work or shoulders to maintain a feminine appearance.

Yoga and pilates are great as well.

Pectoral lifting will make your chest bigger but not necessarily in the way you want.

11. megaloveme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    AH I'm going crazy in my body. I had like a perfect, big and small in all the right places body. My arms were always a little neglected, but my tummy was tight and my hip bones poked out in the sexiest way...

Then I got pregnant. I'm like, "I'll just work out a lot and eat right and everything is going to be fine!" Well I didn't count on the lack of good influences around here. Actually, there's no way I could have known. I wasn't married to my husband at that point. He eats once a day (at 11 p.m.) he showers like every 3 days, he doesn't brush his teeth. Working out? Forget it. Then he works all the time. His schedule is crap. I'm home with my daughter feeling very unmotivated.

12. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to lose as much weight as you can before starting hormones, so that when you do, the fat will deposit in the right spots.

13. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks HardtoSay! That is something that didn't cross my mind! :O

14. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, that is what I did. I am 5'9" and I went down to 155 or even less before starting hormones. Then when after starting HRT I went back up to 170, the fat went to all the right places. ;-)

#14 HardToSay, Jan 25, 2014
  15. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Omg now im freaking out because I find it soooo hard to lose weight xD hahaha.

16. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Ack it's harder to stay motivated to keep going, I felt pretty heinous skipping four days of gym and now with the public holiday i'll have to skip like another 2 which is the longest I haven't gone to the gym for. Usually I just do straight up cardio for like 2 hours, 6 times a week. Those muscle girls scared me so yeah I avoid weights like the plague and for clothes I just wear like a sports bra with like cheer shorts so then people can see how long my legs are and my great arms and stomach.

17. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I know exactly how you feel Rainbow! I feel terrible after missing one day!

18. Beantown

Beantown Guest

How do you stay motivated to go, I'm like omg I hate going now but I go just so I can keep looking amazing also you should try wearing a sports bra and cheer shorts, you won't believe how many guys will ask you out even if you're all sweaty and gross.

19. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I just ask myself what I would be doing if I wasnt going to gym, usually the answer is sitting on the couch, so I get up and go. Going so that I look amazing is a big motivator for me! Also I used to be 30kgs heavier then I am, so never wanting to go back is a huge thing for me. I will wear the sports bra and cheer shorts when I know I can pull it off, in fact im already looking for stuff I like...even though my sizes are going to be different when that time comes :S haha.

Oh and I know what you mean about the guys, I go to gym with my friends (girls, obviously) and all the guys do is stare at them the whole time, and be all creepy and follow us around...

#19 ArcticPixie, Jan 25, 2014
  20. Beantown

Beantown Guest

oh they don't ask you out? really I'm more into the attention.

#20 Beantown, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014