1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For my FtM brothers who don't feel "trans enough"....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Jan 25, 2014.

1. justjade

I'M NOT "TRANS ENOUGH" - YouTube

I feel this way a lot, and this video really cheered me up. So if any of you ever feel this way, just remember that there is no wrong or right way to be trans. I sometimes don't feel trans enough because I like jewelry and pink shirts and colored jeans. I don't pack. I'm not on T. I haven't had any surgeries (yet). I'm married to a straight guy who calls me his wife when we're in public. I didn't come out to myself until last year. I have both of my ears pierced twice. I'm 5'4".

How about you guys?

#1 justjade, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Nick07

oh, this was fun to watch :slight_smile:

Btw, for me, it was fascinating to watch how many papers they needed and how big the letters were. My personal issue is to not "waste" paper and my handwriting is small (trying to be invisible I guess LOL, it makes me uncomfortable to write big letters when I have to.)

3. North

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg I love this thanks for sharing!! I'm pretty young, so things might change, but something that has caused me a lot of uncertainty is that I like guys, not girls.

And yeah I'm only 5'3" xD plus I have me ears pierced and also kinda like wearing jewelry so yeah... :/ I also don't pack and have no desire to do so...

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not "trans enough" because I'm only 5'3", because I don't pack my skinny-fit jeans, because I never try to "man up" and act hypermasculine. Because I hate beer and love wine coolers. Because I won't eat meat or animal products. Because I crochet and sew. Because I actually like wearing dresses. Because half of my blog is kittens. Because I'm not on hormones, and don't get mad if people use the wrong pronouns with me. Because I'm generally a pacifist. Because I like guys.

But you know, I still have this sense of self that's more male than female, and I get body dysphoria, and I think about transitioning a bunch, and all of those preferences and moral senses I have can be held by guys too, even if it's not a widespread social sensation. :icon_cool

5. justjade

Oh! I got responses! Yay! :lol:

Gotta say, it's nice to not feel so alone. I'm glad that we're not alone in this, as clockworkfox's signature says. :slight_smile:

6. darklord

Guys, you are fine :slight_smile:
    It wouldn't be fun at all if you all were macho-macho-men.

7. justjade

:lol: That's true.

8. theskywreck

I love Ryan Cassata. He really inspired me to come out to my family.

9. katwat

justjade: "...I have both of my ears pierced twice..."

North: "...also kinda like wearing jewelry..."

clockworkfox: "...because I never try to "man up" and act hypermasculine....Because I ...sew....I'm generally a pacifist...."

Don't let a single one of these things (or any other) make any of you feel like you are not trans enough. My nearly 7 ft tall, straight, and very masculine husband does or has done all these things. He used to wear two (or was it three) piercings in one ear and seven in the other. He not only wears jewelry, he used to make it. The only times I have ever seen him "man up" or act "hypermasculine" were times when he was super pissed because someone was threatening him or someone else. He is very scary then but is generally a pacifist. If you saw him with a baby or an animal you would not be able to resist and "aawww" no matter how hard you tried. He not only sews, he cooks, cleans, and does laundry.

10. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do have my ears pierced (not my choice), but I never put anything in them so the holes are pretty much blocked now. I am short, too (5''4), but I don't get how that's suppose to make you ''less trans''. You can't really control your height, now, can you? I'm also attracted to guys so some people could tell me I'm not ''trans enough''. I don't care what other people think, I now I'm trans and that's all that counts. No one is ''not trans enough''. That's just cissexism crap.

11. justjade

My husband is the same way! :lol: He doesn't wear jewelry or have any piercings, but he's tall, big, straight, and just looks very generally manly with his little crop of facial hair and whatnot. He's really sweet and nurturing and is just one of those guys who can change your oil, then come inside, clean up, and cook a nice dinner. He is literally amazing. He reminds me a lot of my mom. :lol:

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2014 at 10:26 PM ----------

Exactly. I know dudes who are only about as tall as I am. Sure, I'd like to be taller, but....:rolle:

Really, though, I know a lot of cis-males who are really, really feminine, and no one ever tells them they're not men. Just because any of us wasn't born with a penis doesn't really mean anything, and inversely, being born with a penis does not make anyone a man, even if he are cis.

#11 justjade, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014