1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by darklord, Jan 25, 2014.

1. darklord

Hey.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on subject I'm sure many of us are intimately familiar with...
    Obsessing about one's identity and expression.
    Obsessing about gender overall.

I have done my fair share of this. Since childhood really. I've pondered about things that felt weird, uncomfortable and so on. About labels too.
    Now I find myself looking at the mirror a lot. Wondering if I put my hair like this, will it make people to see me like that. Etc. Not so much negative emotions, but I feel like I'm overly interested in these subjects. I think I just really wish people would see me the way I identify, not label me maIe or female.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I feel like gender was something that always lingered in the back of my mind growing up. But my identity, I probably obsessed over that and what it meant to be trans for almost a year. Still do, but trying to catch myself so gender isn't a 24/7 thing for me.