1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender and Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Grimm, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Grimm

Note: I'd link to the video, but it contains small amounts of nudity so I'm not sure I'm allowed to. Just Google "oculus rift gender" if you want to watch it.

TL;DR: They hook up two Oculus Rift headsets on two people of opposite sex with external cameras, and feed the camera on one into the headset of the other. The users then agree on a set of slow, deliberate movements to let them explore their "new" bodies. If you haven't seen much of the Oculus Rift, you'd probably think that it wouldn't feel very real, but it's pretty amazing how the headset can trick your brain. Some people that have tried the headset on other things actually say it can be a little overwhelming.

I know I'd try it in a second if I could. What do you guys think?

2. A Real Male

My friend has an Oculus Rift, I never tried it myself but it blew his mind.

I remember him telling me how it's groundbreaking and will change the world as we see it today. It's still in development stages, so it is a bit buggy. But it feels pretty real.

I'm now curious as to how it'll help transfolks... It is very interesting technology.

3. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It's coming out at the end of the year, im looking forward to it!