1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

think I've fallen out of love with my wife

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miss Emma, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I love my wife. I always will. But last night, when I actually did not have to work, we got a show, had a beer, and settled in for a quiet night in (after the kids were in bed).

I kind of got the feeling my wife wanted to do more, but I couldn't seem to get "in the mood," y'know? Love her, I do. But the feeling I get from her that this gender issue is superficial. Like, she wants to go get my misses coat this month, but I've told her it's not vital because I have one. But she's not treating me like I'm a woman. I find no attempts anymore. Veered away from "partner" back to "husband" and tries to jam me intro the "husband" role. I know I've talked about this in other threads. My point is, here, that though I love my wife, i think that all our problems we've had have pushed me out of love with her, and I can't seem to get it back. Any input?

2. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cant imagine how hard that must be. It might be possible that youve fallen out of love for her, but could it be something else? Could you still be in love with her but just not satisfied with the way the relationship is right now? I dont know. I hope I didnt confuse you, I obviously need to shut up. But whatever happens, good luck! :slight_smile:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you honestly say you're suprised?

If you consider the different things that make 'love' what it is, you're missing one of the most important parts. That part where the other person values you. You don't feel like you have that any more, because as far as it's possible to tell, she basically doesn't, or at least, not in the way that you need her to.

I don't know if you can get that back, perhaps you can...not that it will be easy, and it won't even necessarily be worth it (that is, from my outside perspective, but that may be significantly different to yours!). How can you be expected to love someone fully, in the sense you mean, when they don't love you. The real you, not the picture she has in her head?

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

As someone who has read your other threads, I would say you falling out of touch isn't a surprise. You can only take so much verbal and emotional hardship from her. If she has stopped attempts at at least calling you something gender neutral such as "partner", that's a pretty nice slap in the face to you.

5. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like there is a lot going on here. U r both in a hard situation, yours with GOD her trying to accept you as a new person. My wife and I r sort in the same boat, she is very accepting of me and for this I curb some things until she is either ok with it or put on hold. This has happened over yrs. Because I love my wife there are I guess boundries that I said I would cross like srs, and some other things but maybe its just pressure u both r feeling . Don't rush things, look at how far u have come, remember she probably misses her husband, it takes time.

6. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Yeah, maybe we're trying to resuscitate a dead house. I'm not thinking it's gonna work.

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just don't fall in to the trap of thinking that makes you a bad person or that you've failed in some way.

8. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I'm trying not to Ellia. Thanks girl!

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is hard to love when the love is not being returned it seems. Does she love you? The person? Not the male or female but the intangibles that makes you you? Yes physical attraction does matter, I won't lie, but there has to be something beyond that. Did that up and disappear?

Fill me in on that.

P.S.

I like that you like yourself. That's the first place to start.

I feel kind of wise and stuff now.

10. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

She just kinda passes out now. Literally. She's out now. Snoring. Sorry I'm a little inebriated.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2014 at 08:59 PM ----------

:icon_redf
    You like that?

11. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Breakthrough!!! My wife admitted she was being mean by her actions, because she didn't understand mine. She is cis-female, heteronormative and doesn't really understand trans-female issues.

I told her that I can't be the husband that she married. That "guy"was not real. She said she's beginning to see that my issues are not simply superficial. Said she would agree to be the take-charge one in our marriage and I keep going to work, just as we've been doing. We're gaining some ground!! FINALLY!!

12. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woo! I'm so glad to hear that!!!

13. Summer Rose

Good to hear things are moving forward, and in a positive direction no less!

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice Emma. All it takes is understanding.

So does she love you, gender aside basically? That seems to be the view from my perspective.

15. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

YES!! She's getting to know me for ME!! And she even says that, if I'd need to transition that we'd figure that part out when it gets there! She's learning that I'm not just "being weird" but that this is for real!

She said she loves me and my body is mine. That I know what I need and what I don't. She's always said "it's what you can live with." Says she can't see living apart, that it would tear her up inside.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aside from your relationship, I notice your attitude and orientation markers are changing.

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Permit me to be slightly out of character for a moment:
    " Says she can't see living apart, that it would tear her up inside." Woo! Fuck child support payments!

Goodness! Whatever came over me!

I'm glad she's accepting it, it won't make it easy but it's a much better place to be for both of you.

18. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Yes quite! I'm SOOOOO glad I found this site! All of you have been absolutely fabulous on helping me through this very confusing and dramatic time! My markers have been a reflection of just what I've been going through.

Kasey, you remind me of what my wife is becoming through her change of heart and understanding. That's what I like about ya dear!

Ellia, girl, you're witty and very insightful. I love ya girl!

Thanks to everyone!(&&&)

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, game recognize game as the saying goes.

I like your little homage to my status thing. Yes I am vain.

20. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I hold you not at fault. :slight_smile: